Grunhertz

And the winner is.....

No surprise really, Gorby with his a7v tank 

Well done sir

Somehow I got the only other vote so I guess that makes me second thank you to that voter 

No prizes I'm afraid 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm over come with emotion, or is it wind? I would like to thank everyone I've ever met starting with the midwife who delivered me – now that I'm successful I'll get you back for that slap! :rant:

Mysteriously the the vitriol in the next 47 pages of my speech have caused the words to melt, so I'll just have to skip to the end….

I formally accept this magnificent trophy (I assume it's in the post?) and put my success down to hard work and voting for myself eight times.

Joking aside, I'm not a big fan of models being judged by the standards of other models. The competitive element to group builds is one of the reasons that I've not done one before. It's also one of the main reasons my models don't go to shows.

Having said that, don't feel you shouldn't vote for me in the next one. :wink:

The prize was in cash wasn't it? :yes:

Thanks mates. :thumbsup:

• Haha 3

to be honest I don't vote on standards gorbs it was just the sheer brilliance and entertainment of your build thread. I laughed, I cried, I laughed some more and the finished article has nothing to compare to so thats why it won. I have to say that I am having an idea (nurse! my meds!) for the British wheel and track about support from a manufacturer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've never been very good at taking things seriously (I know, I hide it well) and judging models is a little on the serious side for me, but I was extremely entertained by the other build reports and it produced some excellent models. That's why I'm happy to sign up for another group build.

image.png?w=400&c=1 (You have to be a certain age to appreciate that one)

I would suggest a group hug if it didn't sound so awful. :ermm:

2 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

I have to say that I am having an idea (nurse! my meds!) for the British wheel and track about support from a manufacturer. 

Very intriguing.

• Like 3

Well done Gorbs, I felt that everyone that took part produced some great looking models, often tackling subjects that they don't normally build, but your build was also very informative and funny, and done from scratch. 

I never took part in Group Builds in the past, they were usually subjects that didn't interest me and I do like to do my own thing, but I have enjoyed the G.B. on here, and I've learnt more by tackling different subjects. 

I have not met any of you other chaps and ladies on this forum but I feel a real "friendship" on this site and by taking part in G.B.s and none modelling banter I hope it will contribute to making this forum more successful.

Cheers Andy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Invictaag said:

I have not met any of you other chaps and ladies on this forum but I feel a real "friendship" on this site and by taking part in G.B.s and none modelling banter I hope it will contribute to making this forum more successful.

Spot on Andy. This place is starting to feel very comfortable, although I might have to knock out a couple of walls and put in a bigger sofa. I think of it as a group of mates having a bit of a laugh.

I still think that the name of the forum will put some people off joining though – any news on that Darren?

• Haha 1

I must agree with the other chaps. I really like this forum. There just seems to be much more of a friendly atmosphere and more of a 'spirit of us' instead of a me me me vibe going on. 

Like Invictaag said, I've never met any of you chaps, but I count you all as my friends (god I need to get out more :)) and it feels very comfortable... Well done Darren for building such a fantastic club house :) 

• Haha 1

Oh my god, I've been away for a couple of days & I've come back to find all my human mates have been bodysnatched by a bunch of touchy feely aliens with "feelings". must not go to sleep.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Gorby said:

Spot on Andy. This place is starting to feel very comfortable, although I might have to knock out a couple of walls and put in a bigger sofa. I think of it as a group of mates having a bit of a laugh.

I still think that the name of the forum will put some people off joining though – any news on that Darren?

still working on it gorbs there's a lot of issues with root directories in the servers

4 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

I must agree with the other chaps. I really like this forum. There just seems to be much more of a friendly atmosphere and more of a 'spirit of us' instead of a me me me vibe going on. 

Like Invictaag said, I've never met any of you chaps, but I count you all as my friends (god I need to get out more :)) and it feels very comfortable... Well done Darren for building such a fantastic club house :) 

Not me! I came in as a mod when it started. the whole ethic here is what the 2 original admins wanted to create and now it's baring fruit i know its taken time but we now seem to have a great bunch. long may it continue. they are still here by the way so without James Hatch, Mish and Paul Brown  we wouldn't have this space so well done to them. Me , I just keep an eye out to make sure people behave  and build models poorly. 😉

• Like 3

Well done to Gorby, I really enjoyed reading the ongoing saga (of the build too). Well done to everyone else too, the whole GB had the feeling of people building for the fun of it and pushing their own personal modelling boundaries. 

I have to agree with all the comments about how friendly this place is. I don't know what the magic formula is but it probably has a lot to do with treating grown ups like grown ups and a realisation amongst the members that modelling is supposed to be fun. There are undoubtably a lot of talented modellers here but no-one comes over as wanting to be 'The Corrector' or 'The Expert'. This is the first place I visit every morning (which explains why I appear semi-dressed and covered in Corn Flakes....what,? You're not getting the live feed?).

Duncan B   

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Morning Chaps :) 

I agree with Duncan 

I've left a couple of modelling forums for that simple reason. There was a trend where a group of people would become the self appointed experts and if you showed anything less than museum quality you were berated or just plain ignored, not to mention having an opinion contrary to the masses. 

I closed off all my other forums and came here, because Gorby told me too ,because here, I'm not a child, I'm not a novice or a beginner, or any other such label. Here I'm one of the gang. I'm really not interested in seeing museum quality builds, I come here to see what everyone else, like me, is building, and have a laugh... :) 

Also I can say things like ' I actually like Trumpeter kits' and 'Airfix?- meh!' and I wont get crucified and have to suffer 24 pages of crap (because apparently I've just crapped on the Altar of the Red Box...) 

The feel and vibe of the site is what will make it go forward, whether you change the name or not. 

(and thank god we cant get Duncan's Hairy Cornflake live feed :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well done Gorbs. a worthy winner.
The project was an insane undertaking and you pulled it off 

Have to congratulate everyone who took part for the excellent quality 

• Thanks 1

Thanks mates for saying nice stuff. No one is more surprised that I managed to make a reasonable job of my tiny tanky thing than me and the result of the voting also came as a bit of a shocker. 

:thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

I wont get crucified and have to suffer 24 pages of crap (because apparently I've just crapped on the Altar of the Red Box...) 

No we wouldn't crucify you for dissing Airfix….

c9852b0e-636f-453c-bf8c-b8f55a8dee2d.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh gosh i missed that , dammit i nearly slept through a peasants revolt 😁

Ooooh its like deja vu. 

Now i just need 3 people to give me my opinion, 3 rude pm's & and a mod to tell me to stop acting like an ahole 😁

• Haha 1

Can be arranged Steve 🤣 

13 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

Well done to Gorby, I really enjoyed reading the ongoing saga (of the build too). Well done to everyone else too, the whole GB had the feeling of people building for the fun of it and pushing their own personal modelling boundaries. 

I have to agree with all the comments about how friendly this place is. I don't know what the magic formula is but it probably has a lot to do with treating grown ups like grown ups and a realisation amongst the members that modelling is supposed to be fun. There are undoubtably a lot of talented modellers here but no-one comes over as wanting to be 'The Corrector' or 'The Expert'. This is the first place I visit every morning (which explains why I appear semi-dressed and covered in Corn Flakes....what,? You're not getting the live feed?).

Duncan B   

So does that mean you'll join in one of the group builds perhaps the Sci-fi tha ONLY NEEDS ONE MORE PERSON??? 

pleaseeeeee 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1