Grunhertz

British wheel and track Group build

Right the poll is closed and British track and wheel has won, so please put your name in if you want to take part on this thread when we get to 15 we'll set it up I already have 

Walrus 

Grunhertz

Gorby

Mad steve 

Beowulf 

RWG686

Invictaag

DC3

Che Guavra 

Toolmaker 

So that's another 5 to go 

Now the problem is there seems to be a groundswell for the sci fi build so I'll start another thread and if we can get enough going for that it'll be next? 

I welcome your thoughts 

1 hour ago, DC3 said:

I'm in, how much notice are you going to give?

The usual DC3, One months salary plus a week for every year worked :) 

I'm assuming once Darren has 15 victims, should be a week or two before we start, Tell everyone to join in! :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Mad Steve said:

The usual DC3, One months salary plus a week for every year worked :) 

I'm assuming once Darren has 15 victims, should be a week or two before we start, Tell everyone to join in! :) 

copy that

Thankfully the British never operated them. 

I was thinking Triumph Herald RAF staff car :stirthepot:

• Like 1

Ahh! Triumph Herald. My first car. Would do 65 if pushed. I had two handes fitted to the boot-lid for that very reason, until I could afford a new battery.

I thought about finishing my Vitesse conversion (might still!) but I'd prefer to stick to 1/72 and keep it simple this time - not a snap-together effort but maybe a 'starter' kit.

• Like 1

a long long time ago (early 90s-ish) i bought a herald, chassis and engine was good, in fact the body was ok too.......plan was to use it make a kit car i fancied.......after 2 weeks i couldnt bare driving it any more....put an ad in the paper, sold it to the first person who viewed for same money i had paid for it, still had people phoning up a week later.........can still remember the reg number MTV433F

• Like 1

Aaaaaaaaaand this one too.... 6 more to go on this one. This really is a huge spectrum of British tracked and wheeled vehicles from the year dot really to present day so why not join up for a laugh 😁

There must be more than 9 armour modellers banging around in here 🙄

1 hour ago, Grunhertz said:

what ever fills up first goes first? 

No chance! By default it will be compulsory for the petrolheads and geeks to join the rest of us in the Scruggs Wunda plane build.  (It should have been the  Featherstone-Kite but that just gets me into bother) :evil:

Yes that make sense Darren.

• Haha 3

I don't think I will ever forget the great Featherstone-Kite debacle of '19.... :) 

They should study it in Universities as a case study of how the Nanny State works in glorious technicolour :) 

• Haha 3

Well that’s a first, I just sold a kit! As in an unbuilt kit. I wasn’t hunting it down, it just came to me.

Slightly unfortunately, it was my build for the Sci-Fi group if it kicked off.

So on that basis Darren, you can add me here, cos which ever one comes up I am going to be buying something. No pressure, but Mr Black Mike had a British Grant in stock last time I looked. Who knows which vote will win the race🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Toolmaker
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Woohoo... Toolmakers in, 5 to go 😁

Look under all the rocks, behind all the bike sheds and at the bottom of the Asda carparks on friday nights, oh wait thats something else 😁and find us some more armour modellers 

In the mean time..... i think ive decided upon the wonderful Takom FV432 for this build 😁

2 hours ago, Toolmaker said:

Well that’s a first, I just sold a kit! As in an unbuilt kit. I wasn’t hunting it down, it just came to me.

Slightly unfortunately, it was my build for the Sci-Fi group if it kicked off.

So on that basis Darren, you can add me here, cos which ever one comes up I am going to be buying something. No pressure, but Mr Black Mike had a British Grant in stock last time I looked. Who knows which vote will win the race🤷🏻‍♂️

Oops

5 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

Look under all the rocks

Isn't that where those who have subscribed thus far came from?
Excluding those us who were scrapped from the bottom of the barrel, of course.

• Haha 2

aaaaand we're here again. Now come of chaps and chapessess, just five more names to go to make this a go'er :), even if you've never built a tank or wheeled thing, why not give it a go :) 

• Like 2

We have a bit of time now Steve as when I get back from the land of oats and whiskey I can set the group build up 

• Like 1