dr_g

Airfix RAF Refuelling Set (1:72/6)

Lovely work
Quite fond of these old kits too and have some on the go 
Take a bit of fettling but you sure show how well they can scrub up

• Like 1

Nice work indeed Doc.

The Bedford is indeed in late/post war colours,but I believe the hose/boom fit is certainly post war.

The Matador is pretty much in wartime fit though many had a spare wheel carrier just ahead of the

nearside forward rear axle and also had the "tarmac" Mickey Mouse camouflage scheme applied to the upper

surfaces.

From roughly early 1944,it was very possible that the top of the Matador's tank could have been painted yellow too.

For those that don't know,the Bedford is from 11 Group(F/11),the Matador is from 3 Group(B/3)

so would be spot on for  a Lanc II cameo.

Edited by Miggers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Miggers said:

Nice work indeed Doc.

The Bedford is indeed in late/post war colours,but I believe the hose/boom fit is certainly post war.

The Matador is pretty much in wartime fit though many had a spare wheel carrier just ahead of the

nearside forward rear axle and also had the "tarmac" Mickey Mouse camouflage scheme applied to the upper

surfaces.

From roughly early 1944,it was very possible that the top of the Matador's tank could have been painted yellow too.

For those that don't know,the Bedford is from 11 Group(F/11),the Matador is from 3 Group(B/3)

so would be spot on for  a Lanc II cameo.

Thanks for that. I noticed on the QL, the number on the mudguards (RAF 83755), doesn’t match the number on the doors (RAF 107229). Presumably they mean different things?

Not something I'd be interested in doing myself (either scale or subject matter) but I still enjoy seeing other guys' builds, and that's a great finish you've achieved on both vehicles. And I doff my optivisor to anyone patient and skilled enough to mess with fiddly etch and tiny modifications in 1/76. Great work!

• Like 1