Grunhertz

Sci-fi group build

39 minutes ago, RWG686 said:

Does the subject have to be a product of a film/comic/book/TV series ? Can I just make it up ?

Apologies if I have that wrong and not wishing to speak out of turn but iirc it was previously mooted and agreed upon 

There's a couple of pages I follow on Facebook that showcases some amazing scratchbuilt non-canon sci-fi subjects.  
Some of it made from recycled packaging (and I don't mean cornflakes boxes and sticky backed plastic! lol)

Edited by Walrus

41 minutes ago, RWG686 said:

Does the subject have to be a product of a film/comic/book/TV series ? Can I just make it up ?

I found a really excellent scratch-built subject here. I liked it so much that I had to write my own story about it :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Walrus said:

Apologies if I have that wrong and not wishing to speak out of turn but iirc it was previously mooted and agreed upon 

I obviously missed that then...

It must have been cloaked :D

I haven't decided yet but have an 'Angel Interceptor' and a 1/72 Shuttle.

Millions of bits in spares boxes so might just produce the product of my (insert your own adjective) imagination.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RWG686 said:

Millions of bits in spares boxes so might just produce the product of my (insert your own adjective) imagination.

:) Wouldn't it be cool to do like a Spares Box Challenge... Would work very well for a GB like the Sci Fi GB. You can build anything you like, but can only use whats in your sparesboxes and building materials... 

No I'm not suggesting it, Its just MY (insert your own adjective) imagination going mad :) 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

:) Wouldn't it be cool to do like a Spares Box Challenge... Would work very well for a GB like the Sci Fi GB. You can build anything you like, but can only use whats in your sparesboxes and building materials... 

No I'm not suggesting it, Its just MY (insert your own adjective) imagination going mad :) 

a guy in my IPMS Branch also runs the Star Wars SIG...........he wanted to do the trench run from Episode one using finemolds x wing and tie fighters........brought in a load of poster board cut into 70mm squares and asked if we wanted to help by adding stuff from our spares boxes (which is pretty much what they did in the original film!)....he then painted the squares and made bigger squares from them......this pic is only half the length of the finished thing!!......its great watching people at shows trying to recognise all the bits, working out what kit they came from

o0l08.jpg

Edited by beowulf
  • Like 1