Tamiya 1/10 Porsche 911 RSR

Hi all I know very little about rc cars (built several ships) 

I've convinced my missus to get it for me for my 65th birthday jadlam do a bundle which includes everything to get it running for 196 quid, are there any problems with the kit, will it be too fast for a complete newbie, how easy are cars to control (ships, or the type I've built tend to be slow and so very easy to control) how robust are they (ships tend to be quite fragile)

• Like 1

Tamiya RC tend to be quite docile, with full spares back up I wouldn't worry too much I would only say treat your self to a couple of things a,  fast charger if your bundle doesn't have one, and b, ball bearings if it doesn't have them, above all have fun. 

Ken, the cars are easy enough to put together and get finished. The two channel RC units are easy enough to master in say a morning, just the usual Forward, Reverse, Left and Right. There's plenty of spares available, but to be honest they can take a fair amount of bumping about. The Tamiya Chassis can take a lot grumbling and the body is clear Lexan with is very strong stuff. (you paint the inside so no paint scratches :)) Tamiya make special paint for them, the PS range rattle cans. 

Like Grunhertz said, also buy a fast charger and maybe a second battery (more play time) but be warned.... they are addictive :)  

• Like 1