Sign in to follow this  
BlackMike Models

Scottish National Scale Model Show 2019

The Scottish National Scale Model Show 2019 is nearly upon us. The show takes place in the Dewars Centre in Perth on Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th April. Doors open at 10am on both days closing at 5pm Saturday and 4pm on Sunday. There will be over 100 exhibitors, many Traders (although you really only need to know that BlackMike Models will be there :) ), a huge competition (over 400 entries last year), demonstrations, kit swap, tombola and everything else you'd expect from a show spread over 2 large Halls (this is the second largest model show in the UK).

IMG_5374-600x433.jpg

For more information visit www.scotnats.org and, of course, www.blackmikemodels.co.uk to peruse our stock and to make your pre-orders for collection at the show (select the 'collect at show' option when checking out to avoid postage charges).

Duncan B

Edited by BlackMike Models

1 hour ago, BlackMike Models said:

The Scottish National Scale Model Show 2019.....takes place in the Dewars Centre in Perth on Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th April. Doors open at 10am......a show spread over 2 large Halls (this is the second largest model show in the UK).

Duncan B

The largest show in SCOTLAND!..............if you discount the Edinburgh Tattoo, Highland Games, Mrs. McGinty's Tea Party..........:whistle:

Guess who's NOT going! Duncan, @BlackMike Models :harhar:

Edited by phoenix54
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, phoenix54 said:

Guess who's NOT going!

Missing you already!

My annual eastern pilgrimage will be a bit different for me this year..2 days, having to work manning a sales table and without my old mate Donnie will be a bit sad but for those of you who have never been,you should try and visit.

Nice part of the country , good banter at the show and the occasional friendly trader :D

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, RWG686 said:

Missing you already!

My annual eastern pilgrimage will be a bit different for me this year..2 days, having to work manning a sales table and without my old mate Donnie will be a bit sad but for those of you who have never been,you should try and visit.

Nice part of the country , good banter at the show and the occasional friendly trader :D

It will make a nice change for me to come and buy something from your table for a change. Will bring Mrs B over to check out your sales patter.

DB

• Haha 1

@Che Guava seems to have forgotten that he introduced me to the 'overhead camshaft,underhand sales method with an absolutely no money back guarantee' line of business.

(Anybody recognise the source?)

He also doesn't know that I have ascended to a higher level of deviousness. Due to him being temporarily broken I've arranged a special seat at our stand..now where did I put the industrial grade superglue? :evil:

We also have plates in our household.Wooden boxes are so yesterday...

1 hour ago, BlackMike Models said:

He'll need a few more than 4 me thinks.

I learn from the master  Mrs B.   ( I was going to put mistress but then thought it through for a change)

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

He'll need a few more than 4 me thinks.

Duncan B

Ahh, but what he hasn't told you about is the rucksack full of Jaffa cakes....:whistle:

• Like 1

On 03/04/2019 at 09:40, BlackMike Models said:

Jaffa Cakes

Do model traders get wholesale deliveries?

I was in Ian Scott's model shop yesterday and lo and behold..double sized pack of Jaffa Cakes..originals too.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, RWG686 said:

Do model traders get wholesale deliveries?

I was in Ian Scott's model shop yesterday and lo and behold..double sized pack of Jaffa Cakes..originals too.

Model Shops are really just a 'front' for international Jaffa Cake smuggling syndicates.

DB

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

Jaffa Cake smuggling syndicates.

This is a traditional B clan pastime and can be traced back as least as  far as the vikings. This drawing was recently found in a cave near Brechin.

3ab.jpg

Recent evidence found on the far side of the wall may suggest that it even predates that period.

tmg-article_default_mobile;jpeg_quality=

• Haha 4