Sign in to follow this  
UncleGrumpy

Project Stang Part 1

Had a delivery today that made old Grumps smile... Honestly, I did. Broadly!!
This base was specially designed by Gary Morton at Coastal Kits, and it is a thing of beauty. It's also the final element of project Stang. So here in all their glory are the finished articles. 1 Revell 1/32 P-51D and 6 Airfix 1/72 D's. Markings for the big fella are for a 352nd FG machine flown by Maj John 'Muscles' Bennett by EagleCal. I'll post individual pics of the wee Stangs in a separate post to avoid photo saturation on this one! ;)
Now originally a was planning to take the big pony along to this year's shows and place 4 of the smaller examples on the base with her. After taking these pics, I've decided this is definitely a case of 'less is more', and I will now just place the 2 wee US Ponies on there with the big girl. 1st outing will be this weekends Southern Expo at Hornchurch (y)

NjJoZyr.jpgyhO6YAB.jpg5RtjFc8.jpgvQ0Visd.jpg

EJQP2Yg.jpgJC10xkC.jpgIpi8ktq.jpgsem50oD.jpgC5vAKt6.jpg

• Like 7

Top notch Al,the Blue B'Stards of Bodney scheme really suits a P-51,I think it makes it look as though it's

going even faster parked up than any other scheme does.

Now,do a nice Shelby GT350 or 500 or a nice 5.0 GT and pop it on that base too.

I wonder if Ford can possibly be persuaded to do a 5.0 GT in those colours,it'd look fabulous.

Edited by Miggers