I feel the need, the need for an oddball build

I bought these last year, and thought they'd make a good twin build. Sadly the kits are extremely basic, and would take money and lots of time to bring to a good spec.

This is the A4, yes 1 fret! The F14 has 2ynU1fiY.jpg

Sooo, with a camera group having this months theme as "Top Gun", i had an epiphany to do these differently, and the basicness helps (not waste a kit)

If you know the film there is a scene where Mav and Slider are in a classroom with formation models. These will be mounted on sticks and (hopefully) made to look wooden.

The A4 took under an hour. Very simple builds.

IEMMewL.jpg

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Muttley said:

If you know the film there is a scene where Mav and Slider are in a classroom with formation models. These will be mounted on sticks and (hopefully) made to look wooden.

Is that the famous "Hullsh*t" moment after Charlie:p:walks in?.

As an aside,we used to have a very skilled hairdresser in town back then who was very adept at Mav's

haircut at the time,I still have a pair of "pukka" Mav Ray-Bans.....

These pair should look good Jase.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Miggers said:

Is that the famous "Hullsh*t" moment after Charlie:p:walks in?.

I'm thinking of the scene where Charlie invites Mav to dinner. 

"Gutsiest move I've ever seen..."

• Like 1

With all this talk of scenes, I may have to watch the film, again. What a bind!

No work done over the weekend as I was away on Hawker Typhoon business, but with sun up nice and early I managed a little but of prework benchtime.

The Tomcat now in build, again the reduced parts needed and that I'm not  going into detail means getting this done for Saturday will work.

jA3KvWb.jpg

Annnnddddddddd. I started on the 'wood' for the Scooter. Tamiya Hull Red with a light over of Red Brown. Need to do a few more layers of both, and try to get some colour depth.

xLApmj8.jpg

Thats it, I suppose I should go to work now. 

• Like 3
Posted (edited)

1 built F14, and I started out with one of the earlier browns, then found in the Vallejo stock theire Dark Earth, and it gave a better, deeper brown. And I think, with a little red brown over top to add some tone changes, it could work and be ready for gloss tomorrow evening. 

Thats is rapid building, even for me.

253fb2f.jpg

Edited by Muttley
  • Like 1