Amazing builds from elsewhere.

That is seriously amazing work, that too in a scale as small as 1/72.

I build for the enjoyment of it, as a result, most of my kits have some touches that would never have been on the real thing (such as red painted wheel hubs and towing eyes) but appeal to my sense of aesthetic.

• Like 4

As with any undertaking done for enjoyment, the key should always be your own satisfaction. And that satisfaction need not be just the quality of the end result, the journey to the end can have many rewarding steps.

If I were any good at any of my hobbies I’d be doing them for a living, but they still make me happy and I still try to improve.

That said, I love to see someone do the same things superbly, it’s inspiration to try to do better!

• Like 5

@Huntsman’s Close, egg-zactly!  I once turned my "hobby" into my living. While on one hand that was enjoyable, I had to find another hobby since my hobby had become my job. 😕

I feel sorry for modelers that pursue perfection and trophies for the sake of the trophy. I suppose that makes them happy, but I can't help but feel they've lost some enjoyment of the hobby somewhere in that. (I'm not talking about folks that are just absolutely that good that they just win contests hand down. You know the type I'm speaking of.)

• Like 5

I've got a Heller Glaster Glodiator to do sometime(he's had it for 25 years!!!,it was one of his Dad's)in FAA colours

as a Sea Glad(surprise,surprise)from that funny named Scottish airfield,but I know there's no chance it'll look like that.

• Like 5
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...