Excellent new product.

"Members might remember the Skyvan I finished from a part-built kit 40 years old. i couldn't get the nose to sit down as I was unable to open the fuselage up to put the required lead weight inside. A nice chap from Hamant's (who must be a member here) contacted me and asked if I'd like to try a new product they are about to launch today.

The first picture shows my tail-sitter model with the new product - a helium injection kit that totally replaces lead weights!

A9MalBhd_o.jpg

On picture 2, I first drilled a 1mm hole in a convenient position and inserted to special adaptor, attach the hose to the adaptor and the HHe tank and commence the fill until the tail came up. The adaptor then is broken off flush with the surface and self-seals when you are finished. leaving just a one mm repair to conceal.

YPW1eaiW_o.jpg

A warning though, keep a close eye on the filling process - I left mine filling too long, with the result you see on picture 3.

n9NWZ1MK_o.jpg

Despite this slight setback (easily recovered by standing on a chair), I can't recommend this product, enough."

• Like 1
  • Haha 17
5 hours ago, RWG686 said:

Despite this slight setback (easily recovered by standing on a chair), I can't recommend this product, enough."

Said in a squeaky high pitched voice.........

• Haha 6

Well as you all know it is that day of the year again.

I claim no credit for it as @Che Guava had computer issues and merely got me to post it for him.

No point in being the chief revolutionary and doing the work yourself is there ?

The biggest clue surely was the CIVVY markings :D

• Haha 4

Talking of April fool. The new owner of this Ferrari crashed it two miles after picking it up.

0_fez2.jpg

No injuries, so it's morally acceptable to laugh till you wet yourself. :smiling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Gorby said:

Talking of April fool. The new owner of this Ferrari crashed it two miles after picking it up.

0_fez2.jpg

No injuries, so it's morally acceptable to laugh till you wet yourself. :smiling:

I remember when I worked for the shed making firm about 12-13 years ago,we used to use the tunnels under Manchester Airports runways quite a bit.

Inside one tunnel the was a few battered hand rails and red paint on the walls.

Apparently it was all caused by the then Manchester United bag of wind kicker Ryan Giggs whose Ferrari

had "got away from him".

Too fast for the idiot to keep up with more likely,he'd hit the brakes and lost it big style.:laughing:

• Like 5

Reminds me of a few stories from back in the day @Miggers

A good mate worked in a Jaguar dealership when the XJ220 was brand new. One of his colleagues was reversing a customer's motor out of the workshop after completing its first service and grounded the sill on a kerb. Sadly the initial noise didn't alert him to what was happening so he kept going and did quite a bit of damage to the honeycomb aluminium structure and a new part had to be sourced from the factory.

• Sad 3
Just now, Col. said:

Reminds me of a few stories from back in the day @Miggers

A good mate worked in a Jaguar dealership when the XJ220 was brand new. One of his colleagues was reversing a customer's motor out of the workshop after completing its first service and grounded the sill on a kerb. Sadly the initial noise didn't alert him to what was happening so he kept going and did quite a bit of damage to the honeycomb aluminium structure and a new part had to be sourced from the factory.

Ooof:blink:.

I bet was oh so popular.......

A few years ago, the Senora and I took the ferry from Skye to Harris for a wee fiesta. Ahead of us among the assembled boring beige hatchboxes awaiting transportation across the Minches to the Hebrides was a low-slung gaudy supercar, t-roof removed to exhibit the salt'n'pepper tonsure of the older chap at the wheel, alongside his current bottle-blond trophy squeeze.

Even before the ferry hove-to, the shore-handlers were murmuring concernedly. Following the first half-dozen ordinary cars, the Rossa-beast moved forward on to the ferry's ramp, but the tide being out, got stuck on the ramp which had a sharp downward slope. The ferry's crew couldn't get the tail lifted down the ramp, but a couple of big lads lifted the front and got it back on terra-tarmac and out of the way for the rest of us to embark.

Sometime later on the voyage, I noticed the Ferrari-driver and his moll attempting to re-enact that famous scene from Titanic, so I assumed they got the car on eventually.

But driving out of the ferryport on Harris, I noticed our intrepid pair climbing into a ratty Nissan Micra, probably the only hire car on the whole island.

The Micra was a much better bet for touring the single-track roads of the Hebrides than his daft Enzo-mobile anyway. I like to think when he got home he chopped the Ferrai in for a sensible Micra, and the bottle-blond for a librarian.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
5 hours ago, RWG686 said:

Well as you all know it is that day of the year again.

I claim no credit for it as @Che Guava had computer issues and merely got me to post it for him.

No point in being the chief revolutionary and doing the work yourself is there ?

The biggest clue surely was the CIVVY markings :D

I suspected as much

DB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Miggers said:

I remember when I worked for the shed making firm about 12-13 years ago,we used to use the tunnels under Manchester Airports runways quite a bit.

Inside one tunnel the was a few battered hand rails and red paint on the walls.

Apparently it was all caused by the then Manchester United bag of wind kicker Ryan Giggs whose Ferrari

had "got away from him".

Too fast for the idiot to keep up with more likely,he'd hit the brakes and lost it big style.:laughing:

Minor correction here,it,wasn't Giggs,it was an even better then and now Man.Utd bag of wind kicker,

none other than that jumped up never come down little smart ar$e $hit,Christiano "ooh I'm so good"Ronaldo.

• Like 1