Sign in to follow this  
Seamus

Tamiya 1/72 FW 190 D9

Morning all,

Thought I'd share my latest completion, my first for nearly two years, and it really shows! Tamiya's 1/72 FW 190 D9. Being horribly out of practice meant I made a catalogue of errors with this one, particularly around the canopy framing which frankly looks awful, and my inability to get a nice, tight line finish from the airbrush without spatter means this falls into the category of looking good from a few feet, but its nice to have got something built and regain some enthusiasm after such a long hiatus...

46968198612_0faed45614_o.jpgTamiya 1/72 Focke Wulf FW 190 D9 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

40055450043_1132616afc_o.jpgTamiya 1/72 Focke Wulf FW 190 D9 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

46968195982_9bed9df0de_o.jpgTamiya 1/72 Focke Wulf FW 190 D9 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

40055447843_74f3375c19_o.jpgTamiya 1/72 Focke Wulf FW 190 D9 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed,

Shaun

• Like 7

the mottles have created overspray but the drafting of camouflage is excellent. You did not do the whatering and the postshading that would have given more three-dimensionality to the model

Edited by bonovox
  • Like 1

The Tamiya Dora is a great way to get your mojo back, a fun build that always looks great when completed. I think you've done a great job of it, especially after a long break. I haven't built a 1/72 Luftwaffe kit for a couple of years but need to get back to them.

Duncan B