BradG

Lindberg 1/48 SE5a, Polish War of Independence.

Well I like to be a bit different with my builds, so here's something you don't see every day, a Polish SE5a. About 20 aircraft were supplied to the Poles to fight against the Soviets when war broke out in the East in February 1919. To link it back to WW1, most of the conflicts in Eastern Europe directly after 1918 were the result of WW1 and much of it was fought with captured WW1 equipment or as in this case, surplus war machines were supplied or bought directly from countries looking to offload equipment and make a few bucks. 

I'm on a bit of a stash queen build at the moment. I've had this kit a long time, maybe 20 or more years. It's pretty basic but will make into a decent model and it's a good thing to practice my rigging on.

2jlH4hh.jpg?1

HztxNUy.jpg

• Like 5

That'll be interesting. The fighting did rumble on in a few places after the Armistice in western Europe. I'm currently reading a book about the fighting in the Murmansk area in which we Brits were still involved after the Armistice and of course the Brits and US were still fighting in the Vladivostok area in eastern Russia for quite some time too. It's a very confusing period of time because common history would have us all believe all the fighting stopped 11-11-18 but that wasn't the case at all.

Duncan B

• Like 3

Sounds like an interesting project and it's a part of history that I don't know much about, so I'm off to Googland to educatify myself.

Good luck with the kit, I've only done one Lindberg – never again.

• Like 1

A bit of a start today. As you can see the interior is pretty basic, you can see the instrument panel so  I will use some decals to give the impression of some gauges. I've used a yellow with some oil colour ontop to give the impression of wood. It could be better but once closed up you will hardly see anything.

E2u17H1.jpg?1

• Like 5

What Duncan said
It's a fascinating, complex and much overlooked period 
The Armistice didn't end hostilities that flared either as a direct result of the hostilities or indirectly from the fall out of the war.

Good luck Brad!  
Nice start on the old kit.

Edited by Walrus
Syntax total rubbish was
  • Like 1