I swear that the decals would try the patience of a saint.

The door outline decal was put on in the usual manner..gloss varnish first ,press to remove any air bubbles then seal in with varnish.

2 days later I find that it has fallen off. I find one bit but the other must have evaporated. It was on a shelf, nowhere near the workbench so I certainly didn't touch it.

Masked and painted that and today started on the rest .

The top part of the yellow propeller warning marking broke into six pieces as soon as it hit the water.  The 'Luftwaffe' title broke immediately after the 'L' with one edge of the 'u' splitting into tiny bits.

Anyway, this is where I decided to stop before I changed it into an RAF one.

Yq0vsile o

I'm off now to sort out that 'L' which I hadn't noticed had slipped.

I won't be showing every bit of the decalling ordeal you will be pleased to know.

I'll plod on with it and only do the occasional picture.

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

Sometimes Revell decals are rancid in modern kits. No idea why when they've produced some really good decals. My 1/32 Arado 196 was a case in point; useless, everyone of them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You seem to having the same sort experience I normally have with the little gits decals. Which is why I do everything I can to reduce to number I use now.

• Like 3
On 20/04/2022 at 22:31, RWG686 said:

I was reading up about parachuting from the A400M and Airbus said they wouldn't need the baffles because of the turning direction of the props.They were wrong obviously.

It seems that paratroops jumping out of the port side would be blown to the starboard side and vice versa. A high risk of collision or entanglement.

Hopefully @Tony will pop in and share his experience of operational and experimental drops.

Sorry mate,.... only just seen this,..... I`ve not jumped from an A400 so I cannot really comment about it,..... however,..... when jumping from the C-130 Hercules it is common for blokes to cross over each other in the slipstream,...... which is why the PJI`s try to stagger the sticks so that two blokes don`t leave both doors at the same time. I`ve seen lads go through each others rigging lines in the slipstream under the tail,...... I can only imagine that it is much worse with the A400. The French are managing to jump sym sticks I believe,..... but only sym 20`s,..... which is still rather pathetic.The RAF have determined that they need new Medium Stressed Platforms (MSP) to drop vehicles etc from the A400,.... and tenders have gone out to industry,...... so this could take years!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Tony said:

The RAF have determined that they need new Medium Stressed Platforms (MSP) to drop vehicles etc from the A400,.... and tenders have gone out to industry,...... so this could take years!  

..and be well over budget for something is less capable than what it replaces if previous form is anything to go by.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2022 at 1:20 AM, Jessie_C said:

Gunpowder, gelatine
Dynamite with…

Gotta love them new lyrics! (Sorry, just catching up here)

Did you all know, by-the-way, that when Freddie wrote the original line, he actually meant 'Gelignite', not gelatine? Ooops. Even the great get it wrong sometimes. Anyhow, it didn't rhyme with 'Laser-beam'.

• Haha 4
  • 2 weeks later...

@Jessie_C, the earworm thread's over on the other side of the forum 🤣. Aaaarrrrrrghhhh! Now it’s stuck! 😅😬🤣

Looking great, @RWG686! What a leviathanous behemothish MONSTER! I don’t envy you the transfers one little bit, though. Happily munching my :popcorn:, even though I’m almost too late to the party (and in the kitchen at that).