Mad Steve

EDUARD ROLAND CII

11 hours ago, Gorby said:

For some reason that's not much of a consolation to me.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of Spitfires, I prefer the Hurricane. I think it's because we are always told “Spitfires the best….. Spitfire the most beautiful….. Spitfire won the war….. Spitfire the most iconic….. Spitfire blar blar blar” BORING! 

I have built one, but that was to see if it changed my mind. It didn't. 

I'm with that man!!! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

I prefer the Hurricane. I think it's because we are always told “Spitfires the best….. Spitfire the most beautiful….. Spitfire won the war….. Spitfire the most iconic….. Spitfire blar blar blar”

Ditto  
Must be more Hurris in my stash than any other subject, followed by relatives of the Hurricane, Hunters and Harriers.

• Like 3

Afternoon Everyone :) 

Well I must say, reading Gorby's thread about scratchbuilding a WW1 tank gave my mojo a kick up the arse and we have actually made some progress....

I started last night with... the rigging :) 

Not the first set of rigging I've done, the Airfix HP 0/400 being the first, but certainly the first rigging I've done where it is supposed to look like rigging. I boned up on some articles in the Airfix magazine, and some online and then eventually decided to jump straight in. 

An hour later and wallah 

resized_ed31dea1-c216-4bed-a830-219c1ea4

I'm using fine EZ line, and its black and I don't care if its supposed to be another colour, I did it :) 

Another hour and a bit this morning and wallah deux 

resized_d0d2f52f-dfa8-49d6-a76a-ffa47c0f

The piece that actually took the longest was the three strands between the under carriage.

But anyway, I was not looking forward to the rigging, I gave it a go and have gained a bit more knowledge and confidence for when I start on..... :151_41_44_712.0638063001362776439:

So while we were on a roll, I asked my assistant if we should do some decals as well...

resized_32deda62-aa5a-421c-afed-a066ea17

Not quite sure what the look meant, but I's assuming its a yes :) 

resized_fe458e30-1aad-48f6-b79f-51b6ae01

So made a start with the decals. As I have heard and seen before, Eduard's decals were very good and well behaved, a bit shiny but that can be sorted. 

And that is where we have come to a stop for today. Oh I forgot to mention that the wires to the control arms will be done with stretched sprue instead of EZ Line. 

I realise that most of you will say I shouldn't have done the rigging now, but I'm a car modeller remember and we are all an uncultured bunch that do everything frack to bunch. but there is actually very little construction left to do, just the machine guns and thing on top of the wings and the wheels. 

So the end is in site now :) 

Happiness 

• Like 3

Nice stringy bits! Nearly done – it looks excellent!

Another word of warning, the hole for the wheels was very very tight on mine. I found it easier to shave a tiny bit of the axle.

58 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Nice stringy bits! Nearly done – it looks excellent!

Another word of warning, the hole for the wheels was very very tight on mine. I found it easier to shave a tiny bit of the axle.

Coolo, duly noted :) 

Steve, sod the aircraft, give the Dog a fuss from me, reminds me of my first Boarder Collie :thumbsup2:

Coming along nicely, soon be finished, then you'll be back to things with powered wheels.

Edited by phoenix54
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

...while we were on a roll, I asked my assistant if we should do some decals as well...

resized_32deda62-aa5a-421c-afed-a066ea17

Not quite sure what the look meant, but I's assuming its a yes :) 

"I love you but for the love of God feed me!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jessie_C said:

Awwww, doggie's obviously suffering from lackaskritchies.

That spider is big enough to hire for giving skritchies and having 8 legs she can provide extra skrtich! 
In fact, it's such a good idea I bagsy it to provide a service for dog owners.

Imma gonna make my first million! 
Once I've trained sufficient Eratigena atrica. 

Edited by Walrus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1