Mad Steve

EDUARD ROLAND CII

Happy getting older day! (is it today? If it isn't don't expect another 'happy whatsit thingy', I'm not made of enthusiasm you know.)

Thanks for the seat fitting action sequence, quite thrilling. Perhaps I'll pay to see it at the cinema next time.

It's all coming together very nicely and at a speed that's making my build look like a lethargic, geriatric sloth on it's day off.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mad Steve said:

im touched by your spurt of frivolities

That's a lie your honour, I was nowhere near him! :no:

• Haha 1

Riotous greetings and salutations :) 

Well I have actually managed to make some progress...

Cockpit is now in the fuselage, woohoo :) 

resized_4fdd9fcc-a6f6-4c79-979a-2b7b9484

resized_033031f6-ccfd-4fce-ae49-e7b9a5f3

And, the fuselage still fits together... Bonus :) 

resized_63c66477-d36c-4cb5-a137-02428350

I'm actually glad that bits over, I'm really not a big fan of doing cockpits but this one seems to have turned out okay. 

Obvious that it happens this way, but I have just noticed that on the WNW instructions, the bulkhead jobbies are actually just frames, not solid... Lets just pretend no one saw that and rather look at the pretty clouds :) 

Note to Gorby, The tubular hand pump thing in the front cockpit. Now you've made sure its nicely stuck in place, take it out again before you put the instrument panel in, then fit it afterwards :) 

Now I can start playing with the engine, and spend hours and hours detailing it with the tiniest of details, only to discover none of it will be visible :) I'm actually quite proud of what I have achieved thus far.. be we are approaching my nemesis of kit building, join lines, when the fuselage goes together, so might need a stiff espresso or two before that starts :) 

Mad Steve 

• Like 4

It's looking dead smart. :thumbup:

Thanks for the info about the bike pump.

I've already checked that very little of the engine other than the top, is visible when it's all zipped in, so I've decide not to do any detailing of it.

• Like 1

Looking rather spiffing Steve.

If anybody wants in, I'm running a 'book' the bet is......will out resident Treacletowner, or won't he.......

Roll up, roll up.......:stirthepot:

• Haha 1

HAPPY bir……. Oh dear, I seem to have run out of enthusiasm. I shouldn't have had that rash burst of energy earlier in the week when I thought it was your getting even older day. Never mind, better luck next year.

Have a good'un Mr. Mad.

(What'ya get?)

• Thanks 1

Happy Birthday Steve!!!!

As you'll be reading this tomorrow, 'cos the family won't let you near the 'puter today, hope a good time was enjoyed by all, and you enjoyed your 21st............again...........

Just out of curiosity.........how many 21st's have you had?????? :fun:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Afternoon Chaps & Chapsesses :) 

Really haven't done a lot since last week. Have a SERIOUS case of mondayitis today (That's bad when you are a stay at home dad :)) and I usually amuse myself by going for a coffee and laughing at all the muppet's and technoslaves, but today I just couldn't be arsed. :) 

So, I have made a start on the engine 

resized_78ace9e0-5db7-4424-addb-a102cdf2

As seems to be the expected norm now, I have included a 5 Rand coin for size comparison :)

Yes, sorry to disappoint you all, we don't use Pangolin poop, or Sharks teeth as money, we actually do have proper money here in Africa's bottom. (Aint worth nowt, but hey, its money all the same) 

For members of the great unwashed, 5 Rand (or R5) is worth about 27p in actual real money. R5 will buy you half a loaf of bread or about a 1/3rd of a litre of petrol. (Don't know how many galleons that is, but I assume its a LOT! and anyway, how do they keep the fuel in?, and who was it back then that said, I know, lets fill this galleon with petrol and see how much it will hold...) :) 

Yes, clearly I need more coffee and a lie down, but the savages will be returning soon and I'm enjoying the peace and quiet :) 

Stay tuned for more exciting currency from around the world (oh, and maybe even a bit of modelling too) 

Steve

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Afternoon Everyone :) 

Well slowly getting back into things, (emphasis on sloooooow :))

I haven't done really very much except stick the thingie on top of the engine, and now I can finally get the fuselage zipped up :) 

resized_aa20c4ea-2efe-4d68-8693-6dcb4e91

The obvious choice to show of the scale of the engine, would be the lovely Mauritian 5 Rupee coin :)

What? you mean you DON'T have one... gosh :) 

Mad Steve 

• Like 2

Afternoon Everyone :) 

Well some progress finally made...

resized_1ba45895-b933-47ac-806b-113014d6

Now my absolute worstest bit of modelling, sorting out the joint lines.... 

Oh well, joy and hapiness and all that 

Steve

• Like 2

The lid on the rear gunners seat was an awful fit, so good luck with that. Haven't been very impressed with the fit on many of the parts of this kit

16 hours ago, Gorby said:

The lid on the rear gunners seat was an awful fit, so good luck with that. Haven't been very impressed with the fit on many of the parts of this kit

Yeah I have to agree there. Even though it has locating pins on the fuselage sides, its quite a bit off, and as you said the cover over the child seat is terrible and not easy to sort out because of the windows 

Oh well, joy and happiness :) 

• Like 1

And people looked at my DH2 and called me a masochist 

I'm happy to report the fit is sublime and she is ready for thr ******** turnbuckles to arrive 

1 hour ago, Grunhertz said:

And people looked at my DH2 and called me a masochist 

But is that real modelling - opening the box and watch while it assembles itself? You're missing out on the all that fury, frustration, confusion, consternation and finally joy (that you've finished the bloody thing). With Eduard you get a box full of emotions (although admittedly, most of them are negative). :S

• Haha 1