Sign in to follow this  
BlackMike Models

Huddersfield/Halifax Model Show Sunday 10th Feb

IPMS Wakefield and District are hosting the Huddersfield/Halifax Model Show on Sunday 10th February at the Halifax Leisure Centre. 

BlackMike Models will be there along with many other Traders and Clubs. 

Duncan B

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phoenix54 said:

Nah, it's not been nicked, he's just bragging.......'cos Steve fitted it with a snorkel! :whistle:

Or painted it black? 

• Like 1

Doubt it...........have you met Steve? Mind, he could have painted the bottom four feet.......maybe even 4'6" with a ladder...... :innocent:

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Grunhertz said:

Or painted it black? 

It is indeed black

36 minutes ago, phoenix54 said:

Doubt it...........have you met Steve? Mind, he could have painted the bottom four feet.......maybe even 4'6" with a ladder...... :innocent:

Daz has met Steve but might not remember him as I was throwing sweet chilli chicken wraps at Daz at the time! I’m nice that way to my friends.

The good thing about Steve is he’s easy to pack into the van as he is the same height when lying down! Shame he doesn’t see any of this :)

DB

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Grunhertz said:

I do remember the long suffering Steve yes. He handed me a napkin to wipe chilli sauce off my shirt. 

Did he charge you for it?

DB

ps ‘long suffering’? :)

Edited by BlackMike Models
  • Haha 3

Well I survived my second visit in a month to 'Up North' (although I have to say it felt distinctly like I was going south to get there, some people need to check out a map of the UK but don't get me started on that one!!).

Despite all the wailing and gnashing of teeth beforehand about how the sky would fall in because of a car boot sale (I must admit I was concerned about that too) it all seemed to go rather well and I had no problems with parking at the venue. The Show was very well organised and I'd like to thank the people involved in that for doing such a good job. 

I was flying solo this time (due to some rather poor excuse from Steve about having to take his Wife on holiday to see their kids, tssk!) so had a very pleasant weekend and discovered that the constant whining sound my van has made on all the previous trips isn't a mechanical fault after all. Talking of Steve, he'll be disappointed to know that no-one asked if I stocked submarines or ships although one rather annoying 'gentleman' (of this Parish) kept asking where my Pirate hat was!

Got home at 1130pm, which I thought was quite good considering my satnav took me the scenic route home via Skipton, rather than onto the M62 etc. 

Duncan B

• Haha 3

'Ere......I've only just woken up....thank you very much! :harhar:

As for the hat.....well, I mean........:pirate:

Come down here....complaining about our inability to read a map....then has the temerity to blame the sat-nav....I don't know..........top of the access road, turn RIGHT, left at the first roundabout, follow road to huge roundabout turn right................et, voila!.........M62! When you get to the M6.....(clue) BIG green signs with M6 on 'em :whistle:.....turn right and perambulate in a northerly direction, 'nother clue, Sun coming through Steve's window......when the number on said BIG Green sign no longer says M6 but has changed to read A74, we can all breath a sigh of relief......England is, once again, SAFE!!! Cor, what is it with Crabs and maps.......at least Devon's safe.......:stirthepot:

• Haha 3

Ah thanks for the step by step guide to travelling from ‘Up North’ to......erm more up north. 

It was at the huge roundabout I went wrong I think (there were far too many choices). The basic problem is that there are just too many places in England and they are all too close together. Not like up here where you have lots of time to consider the next navigational adjustment, for example you are passing Gretna so you have a whole 80 miles to work out what your next turn will be (that’ll be Glasgow for those who haven’t consulted their map of the U.K. recently) then after Glasgow you can relax again until Perth etc. Of course only having a choice of 3 roads takes the guesswork out of navigating through Scotland.

Can I suggest that England creates more gaps between places to make it easier for foreigners to find their way around. 

As an aside Steve has returned from his trip ‘dan sarf’. For a man who spent all his working life travelling around in a vehicle with no windows he makes a remarkable job of guessing which exit to take from roundabouts.

Duncan B

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

...............It was at the huge roundabout I went wrong I think (there were far too many choices). The basic problem is that there are just too many places in England and they are all too close together.

Can I suggest that England creates more gaps between places to make it easier for foreigners to find their way around. 

As an aside Steve has returned from his trip ‘dan sarf’. For a man who spent all his working life travelling around in a vehicle with no windows he makes a remarkable job of guessing which exit to take from roundabouts.

Duncan B

Duncan, here was me thinking it was only the female of the species that struggle with choice! :innocent:

NEVER fear, the list of places to stick dynamite grows........................by the MINUTE! :stirthepot:

That's NOT guesswork.........it's called SKILL!!...........or possibly the Black arts, after all he IS retired R.N; left hand daannnn a bit..........:whistle:

Paul

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

my satnav took me the scenic route home via Skipton, rather than onto the M62 etc.

There used to be a nice Fish and Chip shop in Skipton by the canal, you could sit outside and watch the canal boats. My Parents had friends that lived by the canal and had a boat we used to go on, it was my job to sit at the pointy end, jump onto the towpath and open several low bridges. That's a nice scenic drive up the A6 through Seattle and Kirby Longsdale, oh wait I forget it would have been dark so you will have missed the great views.🔦

• Like 1

Hats off to the organisers as they are as annoyed as everyone else and offered to pay for the missing kit. I declined their kind offer as it's not the Show's fault in any way so would be unfair for them to have to bare the cost.

This has heightened awareness that these type walk amongst us so possibly by bringing this up I am making their lives harder which would be good.

Duncan B

• Like 3