Airfix 2022 Announcements

Afternoon Duncan @BlackMike Models, I now see, and follow, your context. Only thing I'll say is, to my mind, at least, you have it right, as in, NEVER promise what you can't deliver, particularly if there are many factors outside of your control, in this case, shipping, customs.........and Airfix! With pre-order you'll always have the FOMO and MHMF brigades (fear of missing out and must have mine first) just so they have bragging rights, and whoa betide anyone who might stimmy that 'right'. 

As for the Airfix perchant for selling more than they'll receive, on the initial delivery, with no information to the retailer, while not illegal I find it immoral, and it leaves the retailer in the mire, through no fault of their own. In the end it's all (most!) down to the bean counters, too busy watching the bottom line and the shareholders who want their dividend. Glad you have a conscience, does that mean when we finally get to see each other, I finally get me drinking mug? :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think the staff at Airfix love reading the crap that comes out on some of the less posh forums, ( not here, higher class of repribates on here) and have an absolute hose when they read all the wrong scale, wont fit, why didnt they and all that shite that starts coming out when they offer up their new range every year. 

To be honest, I think they are slowly growing stronger every year and actually do hit the mark with some of the stuff they release, except the Spitfires, of course. 

Now if they can just sort out their quality issues and short shots, I really think they are begining to hit the right notes....

No im not drunk 😬

Yes I think they have made certain mistakes that might cost them in the long run (The Austin K2 in 35 and not 48th) and the Academy AFV's??? but hey, what do I know, Im just a Madman in Africa that keeps throwing money at them (and will continue to do so...43rd scale Bugatti and Pagani anyone 😬)

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, Mad Steve said:

I think the staff at Airfix love reading the crap that comes out on some of the less posh forums, ( not here, higher class of repribates on here) and have an absolute hose when they read all the wrong scale, wont fit, why didnt they and all that shite that starts coming out when they offer up their new range every year

TBH I feel some sympathy for the punters when they see their dream kit once again has failed to show in the offerings.
Less so if one has a huge stash and have been in the hobby a while.
Hang on a gosh darned minute! Heavens to Betsy...

DEAR MR. HAIRFIX
WHERE IS MY 1/72 SUPERMARINE SCIMITAR!!!!!1!

Yours etc 
Walrus of Curmudgeonly-on-the-Gripe 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

And ill bet youll still moan

I won't though. :D

40 minutes ago, Miggers said:

,too bloody big and too expensive.

No and No.

I'll scrap some gash stuff (Spitfires and a BF-109G for a start) to make room for the first one from that new company  DBMK.

• Like 3

Remember back when the Vulcan came out and I said, "never again"? Well it looks like I forgot as I have just placed a big order for some of the future releases, you lot were supposed to remind me lol!

You can find the full details of what I have got coming in at various points through 2022 on the website. 

Duncan B

• Like 5

I'm glad the Anson has been shown some love at long last.
However it ticks off two of the boxes on the Modeller's Complaint List, to whit:
a) The Wrong Scale
b) AHH MUCH!?!! 

I will however take pleasure seeing others' joy in having the kit and building it.
But not as much pleasure as watching someone struggle with the old 1/72 kit! MWAHAHAHAHA! :devil:

Wasn't someone building the old Airfix kit? Can't remember who it was.
Picked one up from a charity shop and when I got home i realised that by the time I'd sanded the golf ball rivets off and filled all the sink marks,
I would be left with aircraft shaped filler xD 

Edited by Walrus
  • Haha 3
On 12/01/2022 at 08:24, Grunhertz said:

Yes we do have MH434 just couldn't find it at the time as we call it "Mylcraine" 

Darren 

I think you should test build it for us Darren,keep your nose to the grindstone until it's finished and then

donate it to one of your loyal Spitfire Tifosi(of course,if that were me,you could hand deliver it and have a 

nice evening in our wartime themed micropub,where the Spit would be displayed:biggrin:)

15 minutes ago, Walrus said:

I'm glad the Anson has been shown some love at long last.

I wish they'd have done a 19 or another later mark,there were some great RAF and FAA schemed late Ansons.

But,on t'other hand,the Vintage Classic releases such as the Beagle Bashit,Whirlwind HAR.22 and DHC Beaver

are most welcome as is the re-release of the superb 1/72 Spit F.22.

The other interesting re-release in the Vintage Classics is the F-80 Shooting Star,I built it BITD and it is a nice

rendition of the Lockheed and does do a nice model.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Miggers said:

The other interesting re-release in the Vintage Classics is the F-80 Shooting Star,I built it BITD and it is a nice

rendition of the Lockheed and does do a nice model.

That's what I've been told and I've nearly picked one up from sellers on Facebook a few times.
I'll probably get one because early jets be cool! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Long said:

Is there any way of getting a notification when something is in stock @BlackMike Models?

You could try dropping Duncan a "Is it in stock yet?" PM every 5 minutes.
I wouldn't recommend it though as it will end up with you being blocked 

Don't ask me how I know. :( 

• Haha 5
56 minutes ago, Long said:

Is there any way of getting a notification when something is in stock @BlackMike Models?

I do try to email folk that have shown interest in future releases but there are so many different kits coming along with so many interested it’s getting difficult to keep track now.

My best advice would be to keep an eye on the item page on my website as I do update the status on there and in the Future Releases collection. I usually post on the BlackMike Models Facebook page too when I know items are on their way to me.

48 minutes ago, Walrus said:

You could try dropping Duncan a "Is it in stock yet?" PM every 5 minutes.
I wouldn't recommend it though as it will end up with you being blocked 

Don't ask me how I know. :( 

You have never been blocked you cheeky monkey (Mad Steve has offered me lots of Rands to block you but I’ve always turned him down 😂).

Duncan B

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
3 hours ago, Miggers said:

I think you should test build it for us Darren,keep your nose to the grindstone until it's finished and then

donate it to one of your loyal Spitfire Tifosi(of course,if that were me,you could hand deliver it and have a 

nice evening in our wartime themed micropub,where the Spit would be displayed:biggrin:)

That's one hell of a hint drop migs 

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

Remember back when the Vulcan came out and I said, "never again"? Well it looks like I forgot as I have just placed a big order for some of the future releases, you lot were supposed to remind me lol!

You can find the full details of what I have got coming in at various points through 2022 on the website. 

Duncan B

Silly Billy.

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

I do try to email folk that have shown interest in future releases but there are so many different kits coming along with so many interested it’s getting difficult to keep track now.

My best advice would be to keep an eye on the item page on my website as I do update the status on there and in the Future Releases collection. I usually post on the BlackMike Models Facebook page too when I know items are on their way to me.

You have never been blocked you cheeky monkey (Mad Steve has offered me lots of Rands to block you but I’ve always turned him down 😂).

Duncan B

That's because Rands are Monopoly money.😁

• Haha 1