MartinSK

Lancaster"dambusters" Revell 1:72

Thanks @Miggers and @Grunhertz so green will stay as it is + ofcourse front part will be black. So now some paint work and adding extra parts to the interior ( thanks Miggers) and post some pictures before fuselage will be closed..because after this only a little will be visible :) 

Hello to all,
Just to show that I am still continuing on this project.
I have decided to show engines, they are quite simple but they have the same level of detail as on old Revell 1/32 aircrafts, so for 1/72 is OK ..in my opinion.

P4shoNyl.jpg
To fit them right inside was bit of fight but with superglue was not that complicated.
4dccB0ml.jpg

M5fT6Fhl.jpg
I think on these green parts which hold the engines will be good to add some wiring (if there was any) as it seems too simple (some detail will make it nicer)-if you have some pictures of this detail I will be happy to see them in order to make there some details (wirings..)

Then I have finished the interior-basically out of the box + Miggers corrections
-pilot seat moved 4 mm forward.
-not used part no 6 /box on a stick/ (as dambusters did not have it)
-painted regarding miggers suggestions (hope I understood it well, as from black and white Revell instructions is difficult to find out wher which colour starts/ends)
Well I know it is quite simple , but as I closed the fuselage only pilot seat is visible.

RLvyJ1Fl.jpg

3EufAgIl.jpg

@miggers I am doing Mickey Martin's ED909/P-Popsie

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, MartinSK said:

Thanks Jessie. That is what I was looking for... there is a lot of wiring and tubing to do.

Jess beat me to it Martin:thumbup:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bonovox said:

great work on the corner of the wing. The cockpit is poor in detail, too bad!

Thanks correction of the wing was easier as I expected. Yes you are right interior is out of the box just with basic correction of wrong position of the pilot's seat. Interior is not my favourite part as when the model is finished almost everything is hidden so I am keeping it  simple&clean. 

• Thanks 1

On 28/02/2019 at 18:02, MartinSK said:

Thanks correction of the wing was easier as I expected. Yes you are right interior is out of the box just with basic correction of wrong position of the pilot's seat. Interior is not my favourite part as when the model is finished almost everything is hidden so I am keeping it  simple&clean. 

You're not joking about the interior there Martin,I moved the seat,added rudder pedals,repeater compass,throttles,prop levers,brake lever

on the control wheel,the F/E's folded "dicky seat",headbash pad,blackout curtain,hand rails down into the bomb aimers compartment,

his bomb fusing and release panels with associated wiring,bomb sight,his couch,even the Nav's anglepoise lamp.

At least,I know it's all in there...........................................

Edited by Miggers
  • Like 1

Hi @Miggers. Maybe is my english (please correct if I am wrong) but I know mine interior is nothing special regarding to yours and not to these days standards as bonovox mentioned above. But I will keep it as it is as I know on this project will be other parts to fight and have challenge with ...I know myself :) and time possibilities and I am sure I will be sweating during this build on some stages so I left interior as it is (except correction of pilot seat position).

Edited by MartinSK
  • Like 1

On 13/03/2019 at 19:54, MartinSK said:

Hi @Miggers. Maybe is my english (please correct if I am wrong) but I know mine interior is nothing special regarding to yours and not to these days standards as bonovox mentioned above. But I will keep it as it is as I know on this project will be other parts to fight and have challenge with ...I know myself :) and time possibilities and I am sure I will be sweating during this build on some stages so I left interior as it is (except correction of pilot seat position).

Don't worry Martin,we've seen your other models,we know this Lanc will be very good.

I went all out with mine and then realised most of the things I'd done were either hidden or only seen with a magnifying glass:blink::dizzy::crazy::crybaby:,

like I say,at least I know it's all there:$