Michelle Edwards

Revell Styracosaurs

Hi folks, been a long while since I last posted, in fact a year has passed. I’ve built nothing due to a major loss of mojo and confidence. So in order to kickstart my building juices I dug this beauty out that I won on the tombola at the Chiltern Model Show.

this Revell’s repopulation of the old 1950/60s Aurora kit. It’s an awful thing, poorly fitting and grossly inaccurate. They even cave the beast canine teeth when we now know it was a herbivore. 

That sais it was an easy build with a tube of filler and I haven’t spent too much time on it as it really is a Kickstarter.  I’ve just let my imagination have free reign.

Revell Styracosaurs

Still got some things to do on it and the base to finish. At least I’m productive again.

• Like 8

That’s brill, love it, and can I say I have definitely mished you. Do you realise how hard it is to get 100 likes on this forum, and with you gone, I’m like 50% down and totally relying on Darren to wake up each morning and press the button..........

seriously though, nice work and I hope you fancy contributing more again soon 👍🏼

Edited by Toolmaker
  • Like 2

On 14/01/2019 at 10:42, MartinSK said:

Great paint finish ...Garfield in the background looks bit scared of this monster :)

It looks to me as if he's herding it with a shepherd's crook in one hand and the other free for an encouraging smack on the bum :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Calling it done

Styracosaurs

Had to stop some of the joins are beginning to spring ☹️ Old c**p plastic, tried three glues nothing holds it, never mind at least I’ve finished something.

• Like 2