Sign in to follow this  
Darren

Takom SdKfz171 PzKpfw V Panther Ausf A

So been building this since November after mislaying parts and the box since moving. 

46691288871_957139e4ea_h.jpgDSC_3746_12086 by Darren Greenwood, on Flickr

The progress so far

39726481713_3e2bc15619_h.jpgDSC_3878_12206 by Darren Greenwood, on Flickr

And the example it will be finished as using left over parts and decals from a Meng Panther.

39725957493_153f52b3cf_h.jpgscan0001 by Darren Greenwood, on Flickr

Edited by Darren
  • Like 1

Thank you! Yes all settled in although spent Christmas and New Year alone (not by choice). But I understand that my family have their respective families. And Christmas is for families.  

Thank you! I always shied from using an airbrush as I always thought I'd make a right pig's ear of it. My friend has invited me to use his airbrush more often.  

Good news Daz.

Your best bet is to save up and get a cheap compressor and use the Badger as they are great starter brushes. Think of them as Russian tractors, crude but bullet proof!

The Neo🤮is not an Iwata and from having had the misfortune to play with one they are not great tbh. Get a good one and it’ll be fine till the little ‘o’ring on the nozzle splits or degrades and it will since you use enamels. Get a bad one and it’ll put you off airbrushing forever.

Start with the Badger and once you are confident get a Mr Procon boy which apparently come out the same factory as Iwata’s, but mucho cheaperer.

You could of course get an H&S, but I have an Infinity which makes a wonderful doorstop!:sofa:

Rich

I don't use enamels any more. I use acrylics now due to the drying time. I've seen an compressor for £30 so will probably start off with that. 

• Like 1