Gorby

Gorby's small slice of BoB – WARNING - Rivet-counters are requested to sit down and brace themselves before viewing.

3 hours ago, Toolmaker said:

one of the ultimate detail aficionados

I think I've broken out in a rash just at the very thought. :wink:

Thanks Paul. :thumbup:

12 hours ago, beowulf said:

well i was impressed, then got to the back of the building and now im very impressed!!!

Thanks very much Beowulf. :thumbsup2:

Jeeze, that's mighty fine work!
Scrolling down the pics, I got to the hut interior, and wondered for a moment why you'd put in a museum reference shot!

Any agro from rivet-counters and they'll have me and my Federales ("Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges") to answer to.
The narative is more important than the rivets, and there are half a dozen little stories in there.

I'm inspired. Never done a diorama before. Might have a shot at one. I'm redecorating the house just now, and there's a bit of my plasterwork looks a lot like a WW1 battlefield!

Edited by Che Guava
  • Thanks 1

On 1/11/2019 at 4:01 PM, Gorby said:

Exactly. Walrus has nailed my view on historical accuracy in one. Torturing the rivet-trolls gives me enormous pleasure – does that make me a bad person?

Do we have any rivet trolls here?

That is absolutely awesome. There are enough details in there to keep viewers busy for ages. The hut is excellent but the Pilot with a dose of the ‘trots’ running across the grass made me smile! (I made my own story up there)

Duncan B

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Che Guava said:

Scrolling down the pics, I got to the hut interior, and wondered for a moment why you'd put in a museum reference shot!

It was on display in a museum for about six months – the Midlands Air Museum. It was only supposed to be there for a couple of months but I had trouble getting it back. When I snuff, it'll probably go back there to stay.

17 hours ago, Che Guava said:

I'm inspired. Never done a diorama before. Might have a shot at one.

Give it a go. This was my first dio and I really enjoyed doing it, particularly all the scratched stuff in the hut. It's the thing that started me scratching. Working out how to do stuff like the corrugated panels helped to keep the noggin working.

16 hours ago, DC3 said:

Do we have any rivet trolls here?

I think this was the first or second thing I posted here, and wasn't aware of any lurking resident trolls at the time.

15 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

That is absolutely awesome. There are enough details in there to keep viewers busy for ages. The hut is excellent but the Pilot with a dose of the ‘trots’ running across the grass made me smile! (I made my own story up there)

Thanks Duncan. Other than the grass, I was please how it turned out – I'm thinking of respraying it to make it less vivid, but at least I learnt a lot about using static grass that made the grass in my second dio look much more realistic. Some of the figures in the 'Ready for Battle' set are in very bizarre poses and a few have had some corrective surgery including the galloping pilot. The dog had the most major surgery as out of the box he looks like he's had 10,000 volts passed though him.

• Like 1