Grunhertz

Ww1 group build anyone?

Mad Steve has suggested this and I'm up for running it if we have enough interest. Anything WW1. Aircraft. Vehicles, figures, ships etc what ever you want but I will run a list and we'll take it from there 

So there is:

Gruhertz

Mad Steve

Paul Brown 

RWG686

Jessiec

Bradg

Invictag

Blackmike

Peter marshall

Gorby

Walrus 

Blue noser 

Darren 

Krow113

I've never done a Group Build and WW1 is way out of my comfort zone but hey..why not,pencil me in.

I've always wanted to build N6812 so now have an excuse.

If we can include post WW1 use of WW1 equipment then I will play too. Thinking of an Afghani Avro 504 or maybe something from the Latvian Civil War. There was a ton of fighting just after WW1 in Eastern Europe too that used plenty of WW1 equipment.

I'll give it a go. What time scale are you looking at to complete a model? I'm due to move house at the end of January, early February,

I've never done a group build before, but if it will get @Mad Steve out of the filthy habit of building those wheelie whatsits, then I'm in.

I've got one WWI kit and I was starting to wonder why I bought it. Must be destiny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Right as for timescale I would say Feb March at the earliest a. I for time frame I'd go for about 3 months top as the RAF 100 build dragged on and people lost interest 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

Right as for timescale I would say Feb March at the earliest a. I for time frame I'd go for about 3 months top as the RAF 100 build dragged on and people lost interest 

You reckon you can build a WnW DH.2 in 3 months ? :whistle:

Duncan B (I'm sure you can)

57 minutes ago, BlackMike Models said:

You reckon you can build a WnW DH.2 in 3 months ?

I'm not sure I can do a 1/48 Eduard in 3 months! :shock:

I'll give it go though.

• Like 2

Snap, with a Eduard 48th scale.... since its like the 4th plane I've ever built....

I've narrowed it down to two, either a Nieuport 21, or a Roland CII. (leaning to the Roland :)

• Like 1

But I have nothing to wear! 
mxb670hby5ycc0q6g.jpg

There is also another Roden SE5a (courtesy of Jessie) 
A friend gave me most of these kits, some started and so would not qualify for the GB

Also have a Tommy's War 1918 Machine Gunner which has only had the casting blocks removed.

Also have a Masterbox 1/35 Trench Section with 4 figures, another MB British Troops set and a Meng Whippet The later has been started (not by me) but may squeak in as only a few parts have been assembled

TBH Due to my snail pace building, witness the Airfix OLD BILL BUS started when it was reissued 2014(?) I may just go with a vignette with the machine gunner

Edited by Walrus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Walrus said:

But I have nothing to wear! 

Well that could be a problem if you spilled the glue or dropped a scalpel :S

Looking at my (too large) stash and I've got even less. 1/72 Revell Sopwith Triplane or Roden F1 Camel so looks like I'll be the only one sticking to the one true scale then!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RWG686 said:

so looks like I'll be the only one sticking to the one true scale then!

Now you've made me feel guilty
TOTS FTW!

Maybe I can get my LHS to order a MB 1/72 Tank! 

• Haha 1

Nice one all what's the consensus on brads comment above guys it'll be your build I'm just running it lol 

9 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

You reckon you can build a WnW DH.2 in 3 months ? :whistle:

Duncan B (I'm sure you can)

I'll probably do one of my eduard kits either an albi dv or dii but if I can find one in 48th I fancy a BE2

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

Nice one all what's the consensus on brads comment above guys it'll be your build I'm just running it lol 

Personally I think immediate post war use of WWI equipment is no problem, I'd be happy to run with it.

Jessie's choice is a bit of an incitement to go out and get the 1/32 Special Hobby M1C, but seeing as the GB would permit some stash busting I might look to bashing out a couple of braille scalers.

• Like 1