goon

Takom AML-90 and Royal Marine and Argentine POW figures

Hi All,

Here is my build of Takom's 1/35 Panhard AML-90 in a simple diorama with some Blackdog figures, showing a scene outside Port Stanley in 1982. The base is from an off the shelf mat cut and shaped to give some contour and a few grasses and flowers added. I used Crossdelta DPM decals for the Marines - painstaking but with my painting skills they were essential! I'm only just getting in to figure painting so I'm really pleased with these. 

I'm aware my AFV weathering skills leave room for improvement as well. (And I have spotted the way too clean wheel arches this afternoon, plus the fact that the mirrors need some 'spatter' adding. 

eJ1Telv.jpg

3UFwiRB.jpg

UgEFtpU.jpg

icCIQlx.jpg

QgVbOEq.jpg

hQWCtUL.jpg

QtLo1WV.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Gareth

Edited by goon
Clearer title
  • Like 5

A simple and effective scene that's turned out great and tells a clear story :thumbsup:

Although I suspect our man on the left is chancing his luck if he needs to pull the trigger on his SLR in a hurry xD

• Like 1

Cheers Col. It is a bit of an odd pose isn't it? (I did take pains to make sure the other Marine had placed himself out of the friendly fire zone, but at that range one handed firing from the hip could go anywhere!)

• Haha 1

Post edited as the post it was in reply to was deleted for some reason.

Edited by goon

Post edited as the post it was in reply to was deleted for some reason.

Edited by goon

On 01/01/2019 at 21:23, Col. said:

Although I suspect our man on the left is chancing his luck if he needs to pull the trigger on his SLR in a hurry xD

They are both holding AR-15/M-16's.

Fantastic little diorama, a the DPM on your figures is some of the best I have seen 🙂