Midland Air Museum

• 2 months later...
On 17/10/2021 at 17:52, Gorby said:

I love the museum but I'm always disappointed with the state of some of the aircraft.

Been a long time since i have been there. I used to work up there as a volunteer  i took the phantom apart at RAF upper Heyford (when it was active) and painted it in the south east asia colours of when it scored its mig Kill. It is run by people in their spare time and is a charity, with volunteers and retired people mainly. I started up there when i was 13 as a junior member was a member for about 25 years but life got in the way. i help restore the T33 (in the hanger) then the Vampire F1, also took the voodoo apart and put back together, it originally came from RAF Alconbury was a BDR aircraft. Also helped to  pay for and take apart the mig 21 from duxford so it could be donated to the museum. Its a good place full of good people which is only funded by people through the door and relies on people giving their spare time and is a registered charity.  It is a bit like the forth bridge with looking after everything by the time you finish one end you start again at the other.😁  

• Like 5

Used to visit once a year for the model show till the other place was banned. Only visited once since then to show an American friend around. Must get back there one day.

9 hours ago, Mish said:

Used to visit once a year for the model show till the other place was banned. Only visited once since then to show an American friend around. Must get back there one day.

I have to ask what is the other place ?  Lol 😆 

• Like 1

It's a euphemism for another forum.
It's bad luck to mention the name, like "He who must not be named" in Harry Potter in case he is summoned...
only more evil :rofl:

Edited by Walrus
  • Haha 4