(Not so big) Bertha....

Afternoon Everyone :) 

Last couple of days got me thinking of the good old days of figure modelling, so I went looking for my one remaining toolbox of figures and have decided to give a figure or two a go again.

I kept a few metals over the years and this was the first one to catch my eye, and actually was one of my favourites 

May I introduce Bertha Bestraufrung, High Matriarch of the Sisters of Sigmar in Mordheim :) (check out Warhammer wiki for more info if you like)

Mordheim was an off shoot of Warhammer Fantasy Battles, designed as a skirmish game, so you could play with a half dozen figures and not the usual full army. 

I used to be a complete Games Workshop sponge. I just had to have everything they released, and only used Citadel paints. Anybody that didn't were just stupid, and you cant be taken seriously if you cant use the right paint... (Yeah, I was one of THOSE Games Workshop knobheads) :yes::w00t:

I would skof at any suggestion of using any other paints.... :no:

Whizz forward to today, and out of a total of (last count) 221 citadel paints, I have....none left :) 

So I'm going to give it a go using 'normal' paints. 

So here's what I'll be playing with :

I have already cleaned the figure and sprayed in with Tamiya Fine White, and the painted the armoured areas XF Flat Black,

20211005_101826.thumb.jpg.0eb258dd2c44107c01fcfd04807dc545.jpg

20211005_101846.thumb.jpg.c8ce6134385a7cdf4c1134cf586a1276.jpg

First step; Drybrushing the armour. Easiest to do right at the begining so you don't overbrush onto painted areas (XF Metallic Grey)

Depending on the type of armour you want (shiny knights armour or just the normal dull field armour, you can drybrush XF Silver over the Metallic Grey to as shiny or dull as you like. This is a Warrior High Priestess, so I'm just going to do a little of a silver drybrush

20211005_163117.thumb.jpg.ebf1d54a9c8057fca90959e198bfc04f.jpg20211005_163147.thumb.jpg.b505caeafccb6a382f103e866a216135.jpg

Okay lets not get too excited, that's it for now :) 

Stuff to see, people to do 

Latuuuuuuuuuuuuuur... 

• Like 3

It's a novelty seeing a female fantasy figure who isn't dressed in something which makes a bikini look like a burka.

The armour looks very effective.

Are those hammers or does she need her axes sharpening?

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Gorby said:

It's a novelty seeing a female fantasy figure who isn't dressed in something which makes a bikini look like a burka.

The armour looks very effective.

Are those hammers or does she need her axes sharpening?

As Andy said they are Wor Hammaz 😁

I have never been one into the half naked female fantasy figurines, just my own personal choice. ( and I suck at painting flesh anyway 😁)

• Like 2