Muttley

Revell Ford GT Le Mans 2017

So, after waiting months to get my hands on it, it finally arrived a week or so ago and despite going to wait until the new year, the desire to get going took overSJfSyU9.jpg

Ever since the car arrived on the scene I've admired it.

Heres the kit;

hqjabX4.jpg

And what Revell have done is subtly rework their Ford GT road car kit that has been out for a year or so. This is both good and bad. Good, as predominately the majority of the kit is the same, the changes being to the tub and cockpit area, where only 1 seat is needed and where the passenger would be is now safety and electronics. But sadly, this means that things like the leader lights are missing, and done by decals. and the front grill is actually a radiator slot on the real car (this means dremel time) I'm going to build out of the box, but am already planning a 2nd build with 'corrections'

Onto the build proper.
Like the Corvette I built in the summer, this feels like it will go together rather well. I started with the engine, around 5 pieces, which after a good priming of Halfords grey primer, I used AK Extreme Metal - Titanium. Then dry brushed with Vallejo Metal Color "Jet Exhaust" and believe it or not. It looks like an engine block:
4M8qhat.jpg

Still some detail to pick out, but it's a start

As the body is a mix of colours, I primed in black, the white seems to like the black better than grey. On with the red, and its the wrong shade, Vallejo Scarlet just doesn't have the life in it. So will be trying the recommended Aqua Colour red later in the week. (and a desk tidy)

KdJUpZW.jpg

And that is where I am at. I've looked at the colours advised and the shades of blus for the body seem a bit dark for the car I remember and have in my photo archive, so I may deviate a little there. Next masking for the white

Cheers Darren, picked up some Aqua Colour, and apart from it being a bit thick (and a rather awful pot) it covers quite well, another brand to think about

Finally got the right shade of blue, and after de-masking am on to touching up the white where I've had some bleed. Interior assembled and nearly finished. Pixs to be uploaded, but thats it until after christmas (unless I can escape)

• Like 1

Bit of internal colour, otherwise it's black on black

IkdjVa3.jpg

qw5Vzqn.jpg

Looks like some touching up to be done this week, along with adding the white nose stripe (and on the roof) - There are decals for this, but I like to do this kind of marking by paint before relying (and triming) decals

4jpUtfH.jpg

Edited by Muttley
  • Like 1

Slowly getting back to it, work keeping me otherwise occupied, but was able to get to the bench last weekend. I tidied up the body and is now ready for a gloss coat. The 'Office' has nearly had all the decals fitted. I decided not to use the full wheel controls or control panel, deciding to add some colour via brush, as it keeps some of the detail.

Have a 1/24 driver, but seems to be a little short
EtBUI2P.jpg

The dash/wheel. The black is my attempt at a carbon Fibre look. A mix of a semi gloss and NATO/Rubber blacks (I was using pots up and experimenting)

X4QJzyC.jpg

The fully decalled cockpit. TBH I do not like the seatbelts, they look too flat. Have decided my next attempt at the Ford GT will have better belts, and a few extras

ZjjyyXY.jpg

That's it for now

• Like 2

Very Nice Muttley :) 

Looks like there's some nice detail there.

Does this suffer the usual Revell trait of the wheels that are too small (like the Mclaren, Mercedes AMG & Porsche?) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

Very Nice Muttley :) 

Looks like there's some nice detail there.

Does this suffer the usual Revell trait of the wheels that are too small (like the Mclaren, Mercedes AMG & Porsche?) 

Cheers Steve, not totally sure, haven't looked at them yet. 

As a mid build conclusion, the Revell is a good kit, but i expect Tamiya or Hasegawa have one in the pipeline

16 hours ago, Muttley said:

As a mid build conclusion, the Revell is a good kit, but i expect Tamiya or Hasegawa have one in the pipeline

Tamiya announced their kit a few weeks ago. First issue is a road car, but you'd think a track release would be in the pipeline.

01.thumb.jpg.0d72298afc3d4b4ea5cc9d44b45916e2.jpg

• Like 2

Finally got around to giving a having a couple of gloss coats today. Applied some to the car too!

Decals tomorrow, then onto the base