LRDG Chevrolet truck with Eduard PE set 1/35th Tamiya new kit.

just a quick comparison with two figures from the kit I've assembled but not filled or cleaned up yet. the original yellow 70's figure on the left and the newer MB figure with the sandshield, they represent how the industry has evolved over the last 40 years or so. Looking at the character they have placed into the face of the right hand guy says it all.

1olZ6eS.jpg

the sundial and sandshields need final adjustment

rymFVUW.jpg

the tailgate PE hook and chains were worth all the effort to hook them up

8JVchJt.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for popping in Gentlemen, great to get your compliments, you know there's exciting stages to come, Base colour on, light stone, I've learnt that working the salt technique, and what's more fitting of this process than a desert truck. It'll be sand storm worn by the end. Did I tell you the story of when I was caught in a sandstorm? woke up in my sleeping bag under three inches of sand, well ,it made my Muckers laugh anyway. On with the model. It's looking a bit Ardingly steam fair and showground at the moment.......

CYAQQw6.jpg

• Like 5

after a fist coat of salt, and a spraying of Portland Stone. The salt brushed away to reveal the start of the effect, now a further salt layer.

first_salt_brushed_away_a_mdlfph.jpg

let that fully cure before the next salt layer, time to work the supplies.

parts_left_h83mt4.jpg

• Like 4

I've finally treated myself to a brand new pocket digital camera a Canon SX620HS, Quite frankly flabbergasted with the quality and how close it focuses. This is the first MB LRDG officer in base flesh, I'd better up my figure painting skills if this is what I'll be able to show you.

first_images_from_new_camera_bodqr3.jpg

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Quite frankly flabbergasted with the quality and how close it focuses

Marco lenses are the work of the devil! 

That image must be about x10 magnification at least so it's not going to be anywhere near as coarse to the naked eye.  
Did you prime the figure and what with?
Spray can primers can create a course texture.
Also, do you thin your paints? 

Did I mention that I really hate macro lenses? 

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Walrus said:

Marco lenses are the work of the devil! 

That image must be about x10 magnification at least so it's not going to be anywhere near as coarse to the naked eye.  
Did you prime the figure and what with?
Spray can primers can create a course texture.
Also, do you thin your paints? 

Did I mention that I really hate macro lenses? 

I'm thinking it will help me improve my figure modelling by helping me see my faults, like the fact that his upper skull is missing.

the driver Sgt Nesbitt, with his second stage paint, I'll leave uniforms till I'm happy with faces.

driver_stage_two_q0okgz.jpg 

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

I'm thinking it will help me improve my figure modelling by helping me see my faults, like the fact that his upper skull is missing.

I've become a, "Looks okay at arms length" kind of modeller.
Otherwise I'd finish even less than I already do! xD 

• Like 1

keeping this at arms length... just the weapons to finish and cover with canvas, the minimum return to base stowage to finish weathering and stashing, sand on tires, tire tracks, front wheel arch sand matts, then just the glass case to make. It's coming along, if I don't use the macro too much.

EUJA2BB.jpg

pCC78Zk.jpg

gXXrvAf.jpg

5onM1mM.jpg

iEQesh6.jpg

• Like 3