Miko Model Worx

38 minutes ago, MikoLee said:

Wooow, never knew there was a twoooo seater?

The T-1 booooooxing @Paul Brown shared abooooove. I dooooon’t knoooow if it was a real proooopooosal oooooor just speculatiooon ooooon the part ooooooooof the kit maker

(stuck keys are catching)

Edited by Lost Cosmonauts
  • Haha 1

More recently, the Japanese invasion began with a 'classic' of IJN aircraft, Airfix 1/72 Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero

and Airfix 1/72 Sabre F4 to represent an ADW F-86 once I can import the relevant decal set from Japan?

Zero-Copy.jpg

Miko-Sabre-2-Copy.jpg

• Like 5

On a visit to a Sweden near F21 Luleå in the late 80's home of AJ37

viggen-1.jpgviggen-3.jpg

Unless you've seen through my ruse and noticed the mono filament line then it's an Esci inspired Airfix repop of a 1/48 Viggen

Miko (Heja Sverige)

• Like 7
On 05/10/2021 at 20:33, MikoLee said:

Correct! you win a cookie!

Airfix 1/72 TSR2 MS (meteor sweeper)

Taken from the anime series 'Stratos 4' which features many British cold war jets used in defence of the Earth

A lot of Soviet hardware too, the TSR2 MS in the series is augmented by a similarly configured MiG 31 MS

TSR2-MS-1.jpgTSR2-MS-2.jpgTSR2-MS-3.jpgTSR2-MS-4.jpgTSR2-MS-6.jpgTSR2-MS-7.jpg

A tricky build for sure given it's vintage, persistence pays off, this one completed with 'no filler'!

word of caution, should you decide to check out 'Stratos 4', it is considered 'ecchi' which means young looking girls with large assets and tiny skimpies, not recommended for family viewing, if you can get past that, it's a great series featuring some cool stuff and a nightmare scenario of planetary destruction! can these tiny teenies save the day??  tune in to find out!

21840.jpg

They sorted the vibration,main shaft resonance,dicky afterburner fuel pumps on the 22R's and the undercarriage sequencing problem then.

9 hours ago, Miggers said:

They sorted the vibration,main shaft resonance,dicky afterburner fuel pumps on the 22R's and the undercarriage sequencing problem then.

Not exactly, it's more of a near vertical rocket assisted take off thing, This is why I displayed my MS (meteor Sweeper) nose high, because the never flew horizontally with the underslung missile, zoom off to a couple of hundred thousand feet blast a few meteors before recovering back to base for a conventional landing. This is a YouTube vid that shows a few highlights of how it works from the anime 'Stratos 4', with Yakovlev prone pilot trainer aerobatic team display near the end, I have an Amodel kit to build one of these, I'll display it as a link, because it does show gratuitous close ups of teeny girl pert bottoms and jiggly bits, if you're offended by this, probably not one for you, and all set to TopGun Anthem movie sound track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ymdn9X_cXY

More aircraft from the anime, also girlie jiggly bits!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0kQWPi11hw

Miko, plans to build a few 'Stratos 4' types

Edited by MikoLee
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Col. said:

Did I really just watch Japanese anime with German subtitles to the Top Gun theme!?! :blink:

The world is a very bizarre place! 

I put together a few clips and uploaded them to my YouTube account but 'Bandai Entertainment' copyright means it won't let anyone see it?? 

8 hours ago, MikoLee said:

The world is a very bizarre place! 

I put together a few clips and uploaded them to my YouTube account but 'Bandai Entertainment' copyright means it won't let anyone see it?? 

That's a pity. Is there an alternative title you can apply to circumvent that issue?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Jessie_C said:

I have the old Contrail 2 in 1 kit if you lack the courage to tackle the Amodel versions...

That's very kind, but vacforms scare me about as much as Amodel do - another case I think of the second one being easy but you have to do the first one first which isn't. I was looking at the Bobcat and Hobby Boss 1/48 injection kits and being grateful they were out of stock :)

Andy

3 hours ago, Col. said:

That's a pity. Is there an alternative title you can apply to circumvent that issue?

Not sure it's the title that's the problem but the embedded meta data in the video, but, I shall try!

or, I could point you where to go to find the entire thirteen part series???

Where you too can discover if these supposedly adult women who look sound and act like fourteen year olds can save the Earth from an impending apocalypse!

The creator Tomohisa Iizuka of Fantasia Studios it clearly a fan of cold war British and Soviet jets as they feature heavily in many of their series, like the a Buccaneer flying secret agent and assassin who's incredibly short skirts reveal her modestly every few seconds!  Only in Japan!

Studio Fantasia filed for bankruptcy in 2016 after 33 years in anime production

Thank you @MikoLee but while part of your description on the series sounds interesting the other part of it leaves me feeling a little uneasy. Perhaps being father to an impressionable pre-teen daughter has changed my perspective on certain matters somewhat. The phrase, "Go and put some more clothes on young lady, you're not a member of Little Mix!" has been uttered by me more than once in the past couple of years :(

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Col. said:

Thank you @MikoLee but while part of your description on the series sounds interesting the other part of it leaves me feeling a little uneasy. Perhaps being father to an impressionable pre-teen daughter has changed my perspective on certain matters somewhat. The phrase, "Go and put some more clothes on young lady, you're not a member of Little Mix!" has been uttered by me more than once in the past couple of years :(

I know 'exactly' what you mean, my two girls are in their late twenties now and pretty much past the teen fashion thing where they go out in an outfit that doesn't have enough fabric to make one of my tee shirts! 

There is no modern analogy for the Japanese 'ecchi' anime for where there is no sexual content nor is it implied, it's more like . . and I'm stretching it a little, like a saucy seaside post cards, kind of candid and a bit naughty, 'Benny Hill' sort of thing! The fact you can't buy a Toyota Toshiba Honda Hitachi Sony Subaru with out there being a short skirted kawaii cute girl on the brochure is a cultural thing, I read somewhere it has it's roots in female emancipation and women empowerment which seems to be the opposite to 'western' eyes!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MikoLee said:

Buccaneer flying secret agent and assassin who's incredibly short skirts reveal her modestly every few seconds!  Only in Japan!

Quite so. they have some rather odd ideas at times the Japanese.

What episode did you say it was,research purposes only on the Bucc of course....

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, MikoLee said:

I know 'exactly' what you mean, my two girls are in their late twenties now and pretty much past the teen fashion thing where they go out in an outfit that doesn't have enough fabric to make one of my tee shirts! 

There is no modern analogy for the Japanese 'ecchi' anime for where there is no sexual content nor is it implied, it's more like . . and I'm stretching it a little, like a saucy seaside post cards, kind of candid and a bit naughty, 'Benny Hill' sort of thing! The fact you can't buy a Toyota Toshiba Honda Hitachi Sony Subaru with out there being a short skirted kawaii cute girl on the brochure is a cultural thing, I read somewhere it has it's roots in female emancipation and women empowerment which seems to be the opposite to 'western' eyes!

Must admit I know just enough about the history and culture of Japan, indeed the Far East in general, to realise they have a very different mind-set to that which predominates in the west and would love to visit the country in an attempt to gain a greater level of understanding. As well as visit a few model shops of course ;)

As for Little Mix et al and the Girl Power retoric; seems more like a middle-aged marketing man's wet dream to me but perhaps I'm too old and cynical as well as not being part of the target market.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Col. said:

Must admit I know just enough about the history and culture of Japan, indeed the Far East in general, to realise they have a very different mind-set to that which predominates in the west and would love to visit the country in an attempt to gain a greater level of understanding. As well as visit a few model shops of course ;)

As for Little Mix et al and the Girl Power retoric; seems more like a middle-aged marketing man's wet dream to me but perhaps I'm too old and cynical as well as not being part of the target market.

If you do, you need to visit Shizuoka prefecture, 'all' the main Japanese manufactures are centred in that one tiny corner of Japan a little south west of Tokyo in the shadow of Mt Fuji

I had to look up 'Little Mix'!! they seem to be a more western, highly sexualized rhythmic choreography revealing clothes and pouty expressions , where as Japanese kawaii cosplay and lolita culture is more centred on sweetness and innocence, how an individual processes that, is more to do with personal conscience and social attitudes

But yes, in the west, it can be 'uncomfortable' to see, where as in Japan 'ecchi' anime and Jpop girls are prime time viewing on national TV, they don't have the 'stigma' we have in the west concerning young girls

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2