The Scottish National Scale Model Show Date changed to 14th & 15th May 2022

Please note The date of the Scottish Show is having to be changed due to local elections requiring the venue. The new date has been announced as 14th & 15th May 2022.

It has just been announced that the Scottish National Scale Model Show, the Scottish Nationals (Not Nicola's ones, the other glue sniffing lot), will be returning in 2022 at the usual venue of the Dewars Centre in Perth. The Show has been rearranged to take place on Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th May. It's a jolly good show held in the fair city of Perth which is a jolly nice place to visit so why not get a hotel booked and get up here?

After a great deal of humming and hawing I have decided it'll be time to get BlackMike Models back on the road by then so we'll be there. When I say "we" I probably mean me and A N Other as Steve was deported from Scotland and sent to the penal colony that is Hampshire during the early stages of lock down in 2019 (He was Patient X and a super spreader).

Duncan B

Edited by BlackMike Models
New date announced
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, BlackMike Models said:

so why not get a hotel booked and get up here?

Did you have to put that in ?  Now I may have to actually meet some of the folk here as well as fight off a 1/48 scale F-4 sales person :biggrin:

Seriously though..as Duncan says..it is a really good show and if you do decide to take a few days up here there is plenty to see and do whilst using Perth as a base.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

Small question... 

Why are they holding the Scottish Nationals in Australia? 

Mind you, all you scotishist's will get to experience what we in the rest of the world call Sunshine 😁

:sofa:

We get everywhere is why. Now stop the waffle and get your hotel booked.

Duncan B

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
46 minutes ago, BlackMike Models said:

Ever?

Duncan B (Scottish Tourist Board)

Ha, you wish 

37 minutes ago, Gorby said:

It's noting to do with the pandemic.

It's more about raising standards. :harhar:

Really..? 

You live in Coventry, really doesnt set the bar very high to begin with :hrhr:

No, serIously, the government has decided to keep most of Africa on the red list because we have covid variants named after us and, well you know, the usual BS.

We can come in and visit , but we have to spend 10 days at HMP Heathrow first at £2300 each, so... no!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Grunhertz said:

Heathrow

My late friend Donnie was the most laid back man you could imagine.

I only ever saw him angry once ...Heathrow on the way back from Moscow in 2007.

We were transit passengers but because they were short staffed the transit lounge was closed. We were directed out and then had to go back through security who then tried to take our duty free off us. They then mislaid his suitcase for a while then changed the gate for the Glasgow flight at the last minute.

Donnie was heard to use the gaelic and I think the words were worse than damn.

1 hour ago, Grunhertz said:

parts of scotland are close

Do tell us how you know.

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Paul Brown said:

Back on topic, assuming I can be patched up I’d be up for a trip north of Hadrian’s Wall in the land of Caledonia.

Always enjoyed that description. Where I used to live (10 miles north of Newcastle) was comfortably north of the wall, but it never felt very Caledonian :)

Andy

• Like 2
  • BlackMike Models changed the title to The Scottish National Scale Model Show Date being changed due to local elections
  • 5 weeks later...
  • BlackMike Models changed the title to The Scottish National Scale Model Show Date changed to 14th & 15th May 2022
1 hour ago, Lost Cosmonauts said:

Is that a niche way of saying they had ginger hair?

Are you sure that "spice heads"  doesn't refer to Dune nerds? lol
"Spice" is to Barnsley folk as "rocks" are to Brummies.  (ie sweets) 

• 3 months later...