Sign in to follow this  
Gimmie Shelter

3 Big Boeings in 1/200 - Hasegawa Love Liner 200 series

With the ANA 747-400D Blue Whale Special completed, here are the next 3 little mighty 1/200 scale Boeings rolling along the production line in y workshop at present.

DSCF8112

The builds will be:

ANA 747-400D - from the rather badly aged Hasegawa kits box decals - ANA 1999 Pocket Monsters special theme

777-200 - BA "Wings" Livery

777-300 - BA Chatham Dockyard Livery

and here they are....

DSCF8107

DSCF8108

DSCF8110

DSCF8113 (2)

DSCF8114 (2) DSCF8163 (2)

DSCF8115 (2)

Main undercarriage bogies adjusted to give the dangling effect

DSCF8119 (2)

copper wire added to fake some of the bogey pipework for a touch of tiny 1/200 detail

DSCF8165 (2)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Miggers said:

That looked like a job bunging up the windows on Jumbo but I see why you've done it.

It looks like it, but in actuality it's incredibly simple. Just roll up a snake of Milliput, squish it into the windows from the inside until it sticks out the other side, smooth it off with a wet fingertip and Robert's your father's brother.

• Like 2

Thanks for the encouraging words so far peoples.

a bit more done over the last few nights - the wings are ready to be un-masked tonight - hopefully, no paint seepage

DSCF8167

I've seen many an argument over which type and shade blue to use for BA, but as I am not a great fan of xtracolour and have always struggled to get hold of their special BA blue shade, I have settled for Tamiya's "Blue" for the 777's

DSCF8169

DSCF8172

A combination of Tamiya greys and Mission Model Light and Dark Gull greys have been used throughout the engine and wing paint process

DSCF8168

DSCF8171

Thanks for your interest - civil builds are a rarity on any general aircraft forum so I hope this one holds your interest throughout

John 

• Like 1

On 05/12/2018 at 03:06, Jessie_C said:

It looks like it, but in actuality it's incredibly simple. Just roll up a snake of Milliput, squish it into the windows from the inside until it sticks out the other side, smooth it off with a wet fingertip and Robert's your father's brother.

Hah,I see now.

Good work John,the last time I built an airliner though was prolly an Airfix TWA 727 or BEA Trident back in the '70's.

Airliner modelling has no doubt(as I see)moved on a long way since then.

With the wings completed, the engines went together this weekend and I had time to start with some decaling. Its not until you have a 747 and 777 engine so close together and in the same scale that you can then appreciate just how much fuel a 777 can carry in their wings. By comparison, the 777 has a very deep and thick wing root for wing stored fuel

DSCF8175

Engines unmasked

DSCF8177

Engines assembled. Tamiya Blue for the BA engines, Mission Models dark and light Gull Greys for the pylon spars and 747 engines and Alcad II metallic for the sparkly shiny bits everywhere else.  

DSCF8180

Engines decaled - 1 pair of whopper GE's for the BA 777-200, and pair of P&W's for the BA 777-300ER and a full house of 4 for the 747-400 shod with CFM's

DSCF8185

First of the appliance white rattle can gloss top-coats going down

DSCF8183

• Like 1