IPMS branches and SIGs are guaranteed space, the only other way you can get it is to pay for it - at least that's my understanding. However, this year is a bit extraordinary and I suspect a lot of branches might stay at home, so it could be the case that the show management might rip your arm off if you offer to lay on some exhibits as an independent. Like Darren I'll be hanging out with IPMS Rivenhall (assuming I go, undecided at the moment), but if Andrew Eaton who is branch secretary of IPMS L & C books a slot you could always tap him up to join in. If he does I will be offering to at least give him and whoever else might be manning the tables an occasional break so they can wander around the halls.

I'll be on the Romsey stand (normally about ⅔ the way down Hall 2, usually just up the aisle slightly from Matador Models); that is if I'm not wandering about ogling the models or buying stuff.

Anybody want to volunteer to make some badges with the web-logo (above) so we could more easily recognise each other if we're not on our respective club stands?

Edited by Nobody Significant
additional info added

I'll be there both days, just meandering about and enlarging the stash. SWMBO is letting me off the leash for the weekend, and I found a hotel room for a reasonable price half-an-hour away in Cannock,

which I thought was better than going home and coming back. It also means I needn't rush to get there early on the Saturday, so should miss the queue, and then, armed with an admission wristband,

can walk straight in at kickoff on Sunday!

1 hour ago, Nobody Significant said:

. . .  some badges with the web-logo . . .

I'd prefer a more subtle recognition sign, like wearing red suspenders (braces/galluses), or Hawaiian shirts, or carrying a Harrods carrier bag (I'd have said a yellow Hannants carrier, but every modeller and his dog will

have one of those!)

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, ExNurseGaz said:

red suspenders

Somebody's got to say it, so it might as well be me.  I'm not sure a bunch of 50-plus overweight men with beards, wearing these, is something I want to have ingrained on my retinas....

new-women-sexy-garter-belt-wedding-linge

:D

Edited by Nobody Significant
  • Haha 4
15 minutes ago, Nobody Significant said:

Somebody's got to say it, so it might as well be me.  I'm not sure a bunch of 50-plus overweight men with beards, wearing these, is something I want to have ingrained on my retinas....

That's why I qualified it with "braces/galluses" . . .

I agree, you couldn't unsee that . . .

• Haha 1
On 8/3/2021 at 8:24 PM, Grunhertz said:

No sorry due to the fact we aren't registered however as always we can arrange for a meet if you  all want ill be hanging out (no sniggering at the back) at IPMS Rivenhall 

You'll easily recognise "The Boss" as he'll be wearing a chicken wrap with sweet chilli sauce as is his want!!

Duncan B

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, Nobody Significant said:

As a face mask?

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

You'll easily recognise "The Boss" as he'll be wearing a chicken wrap with sweet chilli sauce as is his want!!

Duncan B

and ducking away from careless Scots pirates carrying said items 

• Haha 3
  • 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

Im just a little bit peeved as we were planning to do a trip that included Telford this year 😒

I guess we'll have to put it off till next year.

Would be nice to actually meet some of you lot 😬

If you can make it to next year's Telford from the bottom of the world then the least I could do is to roll downhill from Scotland to the show too (anyway it's been a while since I competed in the Sweet Chilli Chicken Wrap throwing contest in the Telford Centre Cafe so maybe I'll get back in now?).

Duncan B

• Haha 6
  • 1 month later...

I've just seen the Trader's list for this year's show and any lingering thoughts I had of attending as a punter have now been dispelled. Lately I had thought about taking the trip down but without the foreign traders there really isn't anyone exotic or exclusive attending that can't be found at one of the regional shows during the year so I'm going to give it a miss this year. Many of the Traders attending SMW will be at the Scottish show in Perth in April anyway.

Duncan B  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1