1/12 scale Fire Service hook ladder wagon, wood and metal kit by Model Trailways

the three ladders getting a first coat Ocker revell aqua colour acryl paint, ran out, need to go to the local model shop for another pot, then I can give the three ladders another coat.

all_three_ladders_part_painted_djp3n4.jp 

• Like 5

the heads of the bolts that hold the ladder channel piece, that guides the upper ladder to slide up and down, need to be recessed back into the timber so they fit flush, so they don't foul the upper ladder as it slides through.

XjQ9xlb.jpg

• Like 2

got some modelling and non modelling supplies in, some Ocker paint by Revell. That means I can move smartly along with the progress.

model_supplies_b_ogj1r5.jpg

don't think muchch will get done tonight now.

necking_it_ppkchg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

finally it's completed, just the base and glass case to make for it. for now it's embellishing the top of my drinks cabinet as a talking point for all my visitors that fancy a fancy drink with a little brolly. 

mhr0Bbe.jpg

the base will be paving or concrete, 1890, was concrete invented? Google is my friend.

X6xXV9z.jpg 

KY9jWU0.jpg

the next time you see it, it will be in it's glass case.

8HD0tyG.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...