Airfix 1/72 scale Vulcan B.2 (or a nice cocktail table!)

After a request from someone on here I have broken my vow "never to stock Airfix again" again and have ordered a small number of the new 1/72 scale Vulcans.

I currently have 3 available priced at £54.95 + P&P and I expect to have them in stock by the end of the week. I expect the P&P will be £6.10 which seems hefty but it is the going rate for RM 2nd Class Signed For Medium (You could always add something else to your order to make it up to the free postage threshold of £75 of course). I will investigate a cheaper alternative but will not send them by MyHerpes or any other similar Shake and Break outfit as it's just not worth the risk or hassle when something goes wrong (and it would).

These will be strictly on a first come basis ("Mr X", the original requester need not apply as you are already covered).

If anyone is interested please let me know asap. I have not advertised them or put them up on the BMM website yet but will be doing so soon.

Duncan B, your friendly, local :pirate: 

Edited by BlackMike Models
  • Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

I have sold out of the Airfix Vulcan kits (which didn't take long due to 50% of them being faulty) and will definitely not be restocking them, or any other Airfix kit regardless of subject matter, as I cannot abide bailing out model companies from problems entirely of their own doing while they happily continue making the same mistakes over and again expecting the outcome to be different (a sure sign of madness I'm led to understand).

Anyhow I have one "not quite perfect" Airfix Avro Vulcan kit with the short shot cockpit floor which I will be returning to the Distributor unless anyone wants it for £45 + P&P? It's not visible on the website and I haven't advertised it anywhere else. If you are interested PM me here ASAP and we can work out the details otherwise I'll be sending it back next week.

Duncan B

• 1 year later...
On 31/07/2021 at 10:22, BlackMike Models said:

not be restocking them, or any other Airfix kit regardless of subject matter

So,er,you've not got any Vintage Classic Beagle Bassetts or Westland Whirlwind HAR.22's then????

• Haha 3
On 10/23/2022 at 10:20 AM, Miggers said:

So,er,you've not got any Vintage Classic Beagle Bassetts or Westland Whirlwind HAR.22's then????

As it happens I did fancy a Bassett for myself as part of my "Aircraft I have worked on (slept in)" theme. 

My self imposed ban on stocking Airfix kits didn't last either, who could resist the Buccaneer and Anson?

Duncan B

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

As it happens I did fancy a Bassett for myself as part of my "Aircraft I have worked on (slept in)" theme. 

My self imposed ban on stocking Airfix kits didn't last either, who could resist the Buccaneer and Anson?

Duncan B

Is that so now,so does that mean that stocks of Bashitt's and even Whizzbang HAR.22's may well be obtained

in the near future?

You may very well persuade me to part with finances you know(very difficult normally).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1