The X Build - The Group Build for the complete nerd in you

We've had Cars, we've had Helicopters, we've even had (uuuugh) Spitfires.... 

But never have we reached out to that little nerd that lives inside you and let it out to unleash its creative spirit on the world.....

The theme is so very simple - Anything Science Fiction, Anything Real Space and Anything Fantasy

Sputniks to Space Marines, STS Enterprise to NCC Enterprise and Astronauts to the Ice King, it's time to put away that Dark Green and Dark Earth paint, put away all those shades of boring grey paint and just banish that Panzer Grey to the Cupboard because its time to get your weird out... 

There are so many Genre's, so many manufacturers and so many kits there just isn't space to list the so many examples, but I'm sure, if you try hard enough, you might just be able to find something to build :) 

Go on, you know you want to.

(How long have you had that one weird kit in your stash that you will never build because.....):yes:Qapla.png.0d5d573746d1f40fe3c5a275ce2912e3.png

Should we reach the required 15 people, I'd say we could roll this out after the Spitfire Build finishes in August. 

The List: 

- 1 Mad Steve 

- 2 Jessie C 

- 3 Paul Brown

- 4 Grunhertz 

- 5 Miggers 

- 6 Tolvcat 

- 7 Walrus 

- 8 Gorby

- 9 Lost Cosmonaut

- 10 Long 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mad Steve said:

(How long have you had that one weird kit in your stash that you will never build because.....):yes:

:no:

Not sure yet as there's nothing in the stash suitable and if I scratch build something from my fantasies I'd be chucked off the site. :blushing:

I'll have a thinks.

• Haha 3
13 minutes ago, Mad Steve said:

Doctor 'oo I believe is Science Fiction so I would say thats a :yes:

Aha!!.

In that case then,I'll "wheel"it out,switch it on,take it's mugshot and stick it in the gallery

at the appropriate time.

Job done.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Miggers said:

Don't be daft Jess,it's a Dalek,everyone know they can't climb stairs(well,back in MY yoof they couldn't):P

Just checking to make certain that it's an authentic Dalek and not one of those cheap knockoffs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Jessie_C said:

Just checking to make certain that it's an authentic Dalek and not one of those cheap knockoffs.

Ooh no,it's got "BBC" all over it's box like this one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174815958671?hash=item28b3d7d68f:g:hs4AAOSwjLpg1koK

It's a full blown 12" jobbie,not one of those piddly 5" ones(no sniggering/fnarr,fnarr-ing at the back!!!!)

Edited by Miggers
  • Haha 2
26 minutes ago, Miggers said:

Aha!!.

In that case then,I'll "wheel"it out,switch it on,take it's mugshot and stick it in the gallery

at the appropriate time.

Job done.

Weeeeell not quite, as its a model building challenge just switching on a little toy Dalek just aint gonna cut it boyo.... 

Now go back to your room and dont come out till youve found summat weird 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Didn't we already have a Sci-fi GB
In fact I know we did because I didn't do a lot on my Exile Vanship for it! xD 

So is this GB based on recognisable franchises or is any sci-fi/fantasy subject eligible?

TBH I'd love to do something fantasy based but I've started 3 projects way past the 25% mark with regards to the kits themselves, but haven't started the hoped for diorama setting
Which would push back the kit below the 25% cut off point.  
Would that still be acceptable?  

Would post apocalypse subject matter be admissible?

Answer "no" to all these questions and I'll never speak to you again...
wait...
That won't work.  🤔

Okay, answer yes to any of the questions and I promise I'll never speak to you again.
I made you an offer you can't refuse! xD 

• Haha 3

Paul, its Any Sci Fi, Any Real Space or any Fantasy subject, (fantasy as in subjects from Games Workshop, or any of the multitude of the genres figure/stuff producers*)

The usual rules will apply no doubt re the 25% built thingie, but we could always revert the arguement to the GrunStasi and irritate him 😬

So in answer to your question, Yes 😬( was it a promise or a threat?) 😬

*just to expound further on the fantasy theme... one could build one of the Masterbox sci fi figures, or some Orks from GW, or indeed make your own (and no, it doesnt include some manky old toy Dalek stuffed in the garage cos your wife wont let you play with it in the house 🤭)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
18 minutes ago, Mad Steve said:

one could build one of the Masterbox sci fi figure

I have a habit of building the Masterbox figures and then getting distracted.

Have quite a few suitable subjects I could build anyway it's just a question of what to choose.
Two more kits should be available soon and another from Japan that could take a while. 

Am also collecting lots of plastic crap that food comes in these days for the settings for the MB models.
Add me to the list please Steve

• Thanks 1

Can I build up one of the Nuts Planet figures for this one?

15 hours ago, Miggers said:

Don't be daft Jess,it's a Dalek,everyone know they can't climb stairs(well,back in MY yoof they couldn't):P

Watched that episode where it arrived at the foot of some stairs and just levitated up. Switched it off at that point. Load of rubbish!

14 hours ago, Miggers said:

Ooh no,it's got "BBC" all over it's box like this one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174815958671?hash=item28b3d7d68f:g:hs4AAOSwjLpg1koK

It's a full blown 12" jobbie,not one of those piddly 5" ones(no sniggering/fnarr,fnarr-ing at the back!!!!)

Didn't we have a thread about this not long ago? :ohmy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3