Italari 1/12 Renault RE20 Turbo

More work on the RE20 the ht leads are very soft rubber tubing onto which you are supposed to push these very hard vinyl plug caps, totally impossible so my answer get some copper wire file the end down so the rubber tube fits in then push the vinyl caps on the wire (at the thicker end) then slide the cap onto the tube.

IMG-7484.jpg

IMG-7482.jpg

IMG-7483.jpg

IMG-7488.jpg
IMG-7487.jpg
IMG-7486.jpg
IMG-7485.jpg
Those nuts on the suspension roots caused more than a few swear words what a pita (can't tell you how many times they ended up on the floor) a real trial of patience.

IMG-7489.jpg

IMG-7490.jpg

• Like 2

OK so we all know yellow is a pita but as a lot of this is yellow I thought I would spray some of it (I have to say I'm really pleased with the outcome)

IMG-7519.jpg
IMG-7518.jpg
IMG-7517.jpg
IMG-7516.jpg
IMG-7515.jpg
IMG-7514.jpg

those brake disks were a bit of a disappointment fit wise the twin discs would not go together, ther is a shoulder the outer disk is supposed to slide over (it didnt) but a little work with a dermel (by hand not in the dremel)grinding disk persuaded it to fit.

IMG-7513.jpg
IMG-7512.jpg
IMG-7511.jpg
IMG-7510.jpg

• Like 1

OK first off (as with everything in this kit) either the locating holes are too small or the locating pins are too big either way on the rear suspension it is really important to drill parts 342LĀ and 343L holes out with a 1.8 mill drill like this.

IMG-7545.jpg

Or you will end up with the problem I had with getting it off without snapping the pin that it goes into off as it will not go fully home if you don't drill it out.

Ā 

The pluming on this is a nightmare (I should have labeled all the pipes at the start of this build) I am constantly having to go backwards and forwards through the instructions to find which pipe goes where, lesson learned.

IMG-7550.jpg
IMG-7549.jpg
IMG-7548.jpg
IMG-7547.jpg
IMG-7546.jpg

• Like 2

Apart from a few fit issues mate it's a great kit (you wouldn't be disappointed) I was following silver911s build of tamiyas versionĀ (until its premature demise)and all the detailing up he did on the tamiya one is already on this one, so for detail it far surpasses tamiya, the fit is not as great though (that said that's only the size of the locating pins and the holes they go in, everything else is a perfect fit.

• Like 1