Eduard's boxing of the Lovely Tasca / Asuka Sherman. When it came out it was by far and away the cheapest way to get a Tasca Sherman, so I got a couple

P1000407.JPG

Started by making up the lower hull, and adding some Mr Surfacer 1000 to add more cast texture as it's a bit soft

P1000408.JPG

P1000409.JPG

While I was at it, added the texture to the turret as well

P1000410.JPG

Peter

Todays work - first added the tools and PE to the other side of the hull

P1000413.JPG

Then a couple more hours and you have all the running gear in it's working suspension glory. They are a little fiddly, but once you get the knack they aren't too bad

P1000414.JPG

Peter

Today's work - first an ochre filter over everything

P1000424.JPG

P1000425.JPG

Then painting the rubber track and wheels / idlers

P1000426.JPG

P1000427.JPG

Finally a coat of satin varnish over the top before starting weathering and assembly

P1000428.JPG

Peter

Today's work - first another wash over the tracks to keep building up the grime

P1000439.JPG

Then painted the tools, and added the bogeys. Then started weathering in the bogies to the rest of the hull

P1000440.JPG

P1000441.JPG

P1000442.JPG

Peter

Very interesting, I fancy having a go at a 1/35 tank but haven't known where to start. This is almost like a tutorial on how to so thanks for that. What did you use to weather  the hull behind the running gear and what type of paint sticks to those rubber tracks?

Duncan B

9 minutes ago, BlackMike Models said:

Very interesting, I fancy having a go at a 1/35 tank but haven't known where to start. This is almost like a tutorial on how to so thanks for that. What did you use to weather  the hull behind the running gear and what type of paint sticks to those rubber tracks?

Duncan B

The tasca tracks take most paint witb no problems Duncan like the dragon ds tracks. I have their firefly in the stash and I have to say it's a doozy of a kit. I tend to weather with oils and pastel chalk applied with a bit of tamiya thinner. I can't speak for Peter however 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BlackMike Models said:

Duncan B

For the tracks it's degrrease with IPA, prime with Styrnex then Acrylics over the top, leaving them to dry for a week or between primer and paint and paint and handling. But the Tasca tracks are better than most.

As for the mud behind the running gear, it's Oilbrusher oils as a base, then pigments over the top, with drops of Oilbrushers. It's all about building layers, so keep stopping and let things dry (or force it with a hair dryer as I do).

If you are wanting a tank to start with a Tasca Sherman is a really good start - they are wonderful models, go together really well, the tracks don't need sag so you don't need AM metal tracks. The only suggestion i would make would be to go for an Easy Eight as a starter as the suspension is easier to assemble.

HTH

Peter

• Like 2