3 hours ago, Kpnuts said:

Thats an awesome job you're doing. 

So good in fact I would never have looked at this kit but now I'm thinking about it.

Loving the humour in this post too.

It's my first car since an Airfix Prince Henry many many years ago. It's not a bad kit so far and you can do it in whatever scheme you want. Many did post '89. This is the enticing interior colour scheme. Brown and beige as a homage to communism/British Leyland/crazy German styling of the '70's. Don't know if the Fatherland have matched the superior colours and engineering since. I mean, some of their cars even have 'mood/ambience' lighting now. For crying out loud! It doesn't make the car go faster. And that nervous idiot in a ruddy 4 ring grille thing I was stuck behind today..... Anyway, some painty stuff done earlier.

20210703-185517.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think maybe pink crushed velvet for the seats and perhaps vibrant green shag pile carpets might be a nice alternative.

Or you could just do what your doing it looks really good.

16 minutes ago, skwonk said:

They can go faster than 40mph even on B roads.

I think this one might, after SWB's Beemer expired we were offered something rather nice in exchange 

• Like 1

Looking a bit car-ry now. Roof not fitted on as yet and windows etc. yet to be fitted. The upper body to underside was a bit of a pig to fit for'ard. Maybe it was my construction I don't know but in the process I did snap a wheel off as well as the axle hub and track rod. I lost a front indicator lens as well but managed to find it. If it was a beemer that wouldn't have mattered.

20210706-202642.jpg

20210706-202619.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1