Sign in to follow this  
BlackMike Models

They call me mellow yellow (actually they don't!)

A bit more done. 

IMG_4709-600x442.jpg IMG_4711-600x447.jpg IMG_4710-600x464.jpg IMG_4708-600x460.jpg IMG_4712-600x468.jpg

There is some overspray here and there but no major paint lifting anywhere which is good news. 

I’ll do the tidying up then get a gloss coat on before applying the decals. 

Duncan B

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

Ooh you're brave I would have covered the rest with cling film just in case of overspray looks good 

I masked it off but there must have been some small gaps here and there in the tricky areas. It's not a problem as the AK will happily take spot resprays unlike Alclad.

Duncan B

I’m having withdrawal symptoms as I’m away at the Elgin Modelfair this weekend. There is a fabulous 1/48 Monogram TBD Devastator in one of the club displays that really makes me want to get on with the Buff so I can get started on the GWH TBD. 

I’ll try and get photos of it tomorrow. 

Happy modelling

Duncan B

• Like 1

It’s been over 2 weeks since I’ve had any meaningful time at the modelling desk so I am pleased to have got some time in today. 

I have been hunting the interweb for period photos of F2A-2s to confirm the markings on the wings. The Yellow Wings decal sheets show the wing chevrons do not have a black (or white) outline to them. I know at least some of the -1s did but haven’t been able to confirm the -2s did (or didn’t). I have found a photo of the aircraft I am building but, typically, it is of no help at all. 

IMG_4788-600x450.jpg

I have decided to go with pinstripes as I think it makes the scheme a lot sharper. 

IMG_4787-338x450.jpg

I’m being lazy this time and using stripes of decal. I started with the difficult bits first. 

IMG_4789-338x450.jpg

Here, I am ready to fit the last piece onto the wings, thank goodness, it’s been hard going!

I’ve still to sort out the overspray that is left then I’ll give the whole kit a Gloss coat (my favourite job, not).

Duncan B

• Like 1