Hasegawa Lamborghini Miura P400 SV

Afternoon Everyone :) 

Thought I might squeeze another one in as well :) 

I love Lambo's, they are just completely mental, and will never have to be worried about being mid life crisis hair dressers cars like those other red cars from Italy. 

The Miura has been called the father of the Super Cars, and there were rave reviews when it was first released in 1966, by all accounts it was received like a space ship, nothing like it had been seen before...  Apparently though, it was a real dog to drive, reliability issues, braking issues, chassis issues, but hey, who cares, who wouldn't want one. 

This kit from Hasegawa was released in 2017, but its original form was released in 2003. This version depicts a restored example by Lamborghini in its original Metallic Gold colour, which it will not be staying in :) 

20210523_160129.thumb.jpg.d5943665509617f41dc2379db908486c.jpg

The usual very nice quality moulding from Hasegawa. The rear hatch doesn't open up, so its a curbside, but the engine is visible through the rear window and slats.

20210523_160140.thumb.jpg.92c4449e9687c6b4a13682933c42e9ac.jpg

20210523_160150.thumb.jpg.d7e9114b1fc7ba83235446c2bfa91a01.jpg

20210523_160200.thumb.jpg.bbc95a4b4e2b57c2abbc7e3adc019ebf.jpg

The chrome runner is just too shiny (seems to be a running theme with Hasegawa) and most of that will be stripped off.

20210523_160227.thumb.jpg.8dea764a37c76d4de1faea9bd57a3f8d.jpg

The Body comes in a real shiny Metallic Gold, but that's going to change :) 

20210523_160347.thumb.jpg.a4b8b722ba0cf841e503cfe73c089e1c.jpg

There will be a few days delay starting this, but I'll get onto it asap :)  

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Mad Steve said:

Id never do something like that to defile a Lambo.....

( the chassis's too long and the engines in the wrong place :whistle:) 😬

My brother discovered that a Ford Pinto and Ford Bronco have the exact same chassis and wheelbase. He told me that he once considered mounting a Pinto body on a Bronco chassis but what would be call it? Pinco? Bronto?

And of course, since we're on the internet I had to check Google and found that it's been done. More than once.

• Haha 3
6 minutes ago, Jessie_C said:

My brother discovered that a Ford Pinto and Ford Bronco have the exact same chassis and wheelbase. He told me that he once considered mounting a Pinto body on a Bronco chassis but what would be call it? Pinco? Bronto?

And of course, since we're on the internet I had to check Google and found that it's been done. More than once.

I wonder how many beers it took for the first person to figure that out took 😬

24 minutes ago, Mad Steve said:

Helloo.... theres a passenger seat :analintruder:

That would require a divorce.

Although that may be an possibility if she ever sees the stuff I've written about her in the past. :ermm:

• Haha 4
  • 8 months later...

Ferruccio Lamborghini was a tractor manufacturer who wanted to show his F-word compatriot a thing or two about supercars. He raked in famed stylist Bertone to clothe this stunning beauty. Yes you do need ear defenders, and you do need to start braking a long way before the Autostrada del Sole comes to an end. But all real supercars are unreliable prima donnas or they would not be pushing the tech hard enough. If you want to see one of the greatest acts of vandalism on film, watch the opening sequence of the original The Italian Job starring Michael Caine. They really did that to a Miura! Later, Lamborghini themselves committed sacrilege by cutting air vents in the bodywork to cool the front brakes. For me, the original P400 and the near-contemporary E-type Jag define the pinnacle of automotive beauty. Nothing before or since has come close. Why there is no thriving aftermarket for replicas just a tad more comfortable and massively more reliable, is utterly beyond me.

Hasegawa's is the only 1:24 Miura P400 offering with a decent engine, the others are all just camshaft covers on a flat blanking plate. Yet it is almost the only one which does not have an opening engine bonnet. So you can get a kit with an opening bonnet and a lousy engine, or one with a decent engine hidden from view, but not the way I like my car models. Setting aside the madness of this, there appear to be two ways forward:

a) Saw the Hasegawa body in half and scratchbuild the hinge mechanism.

b) Kitbash one from each stable.

Dare I ask, which does this kit lend itself to better?

Edited by steelpillow

Steelpillow, I have seen the Hasegawa one cut open, so it can be done, but there is some scratch building needs doing on the hood and surrounds. 

Although you might get away with replacing bodies... just saying :) 

If all else fails, and you can find one, there's a very nice 1/16th scale one :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Paul Brown said:

I linked this build before as individual episodes, but it's now available as a continuous hour long vid. If you don't want to watch the whole thing (it's worth it), do a search for the episodes to pick which bit you want to look at.

Hasegawa Lambo Miura mega build

😲 😲 😲 Unbelievable! I watched it and I still don't believe it. One scratchbuilt Lambo in all its inner glory, with a handful of crummy oddments out of a Hasegawa kit. "All shall love me and despair!" Still, I am comforted that the P400 and the E-Type are among the maker's faves, and namedropping de Tomaso is OK by me, too. I wonder what he thinks of the old Citroen Traction Avant "Maigret car", a totally different kind of elegance.

But the way all those tiny, complicated and perfectly-formed shiny metal parts kept appearing, were they CNC machined by a watchmaker or 3D printed or handcrafted by an Immortal being or what?

Edited by steelpillow
  • Like 1