1/25th Scale Ford 40 Coupe by Lindburg

Another 40 Ford, this time a coupe in 1/25th scale, I've long built and lost the Dodge truck flatbed, in my house move in 2017, so all I have left is the part built Dodge tractor unit and the completely unstarted 1940 Ford 2 door, That I'm going to build right here.

Here's the box it all came in the car is shown in the flatbed.

lindburg_box_art_a_x6hewv.jpg

here's what this build focuses in on, the car on the back.

lindburg_box_art_b_brpvkv.jpg

the car is bagged seperately to the Dodge truck.

parts_in_the_bag_fcmsvl.jpg 

Edited by Sprocket
typo
  • Like 4

lets take a look at it out of the bag shall we.

body_shell_nqgapr.jpg

the grill, a Major feature of cars from this era.

front_end_of_body_zxpi1i.jpg

the instructions give an idea of the simplicity of it all, I have an idea to do this as an abandoned rusting wreck, ripe for restoration.

instructions_stage_9_ef9q9o.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sprocket changed the title to 1/25th Scale Ford 40 Coupe by Lindburg
Posted (edited)

the Dodge tractor unit looks like something designed out of available spare parts, it looks ugly, ungainly, unbalanced and just odd, I'll put a picture up of it on here when I get it down.

Edited by Sprocket
typo
  • Like 1

a more unsophisticated, basic model kit I have yet to build, but I think I have a plan for this, despite it's simple and old style, I'll turn this into something that will make someone stop and think "wow look, that's so simple and erm old.

"engine_block_built_b_yxjyhm.jpg

the Chassis with the exhaust pipe fitted

chassis_with_exhaust_pipe_gvrmdx.jpg

• Like 2

that's really nice Jessie, a car that, if it was real, I would like to get my hands on and put back on the road.

My Ford 40 is entering the initial stages of rust, using the salt technique stage one, doesn't look much now, but watch this space, I love how this takes up, and gets real, step by step. Patience is the only virtue, here, there's no skill or artistic talent needed. Just keeping to a formula.

nS54iKx.jpg

The steel on these old 40/50s cars was of a thick gauge, they didn't rust through as easily as say, a 1972 Beetle,

Alice needed a lot of work, 3 years worth, but she was worth saving. From rust....

selExUj.jpg

to a bloody handy little vehicle.

uCx6Ak4.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for the comments about Alice Guys, I'll pass them on, it may mean she starts first time, she's got sensitive feelings.

the second stage , the previous coat of salt brushed off when the paint was dry, fresh coat of water with a drop of washing up liquid in it, applied by paintbrush, the sprinkled table salt sticks to the moisture.

salt_stage_two_gvs7mz.jpg 

then the successive coats of airbrushed rust colour, I go darker to lighter, that way the delicate light coats don't get overwhelmed, so far we are on colour two, rust base colour

lifecolour_rust_s4sk6z.jpg

• Like 2