On 01/05/2021 at 18:25, Grunhertz said:

bring it on this will be the best Stafix ever 

That is the lowest of low bars. 

The pilot doesn’t look at all happy to be implicated in this enterprise.

51154255802_74b596a216_b.jpg

Starting with sub assemblies it is even clearer that despite the big glaring flaws of this kit it manages to also include an endless myriad of smaller flaws. A proper fractal foul up from start to finish. If it were any worse I’d have to suspect Jeremy Hunt did a turn in the design department before going into politics

Spinner comes to an absurd point for not good reason at all

51155710799_05f31d6124_b.jpg

Moving to the larger parts the two fuselage sides are different sizes and have a square cross section around the engine which suggests a Volvo license built version. The sink marks are the least of my concerns

51156031185_e28a3f2414_b.jpg

Assembling the wings and attaching them to the fuselage highlights not only the weird deformed shape but the misaligned wing rivet details which are off at wild angles

51156031030_a79fa494d0_b.jpg

Any kid who started off in model making after being given one of these a: never made a model again, b: should have alerted social services 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
7 minutes ago, Lost Cosmonauts said:

Jeremy Hunt did a turn in the design department before going into politics

Nope! That would mean time spent in a real world PROPER job.............. :whistle:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Paul Brown said:

Don't you wonder what was going through the mind of the Starfix bod that designed this?

If there is any justice in this world the answer is A Substantial Steel Spike

Where are we then... ah, yes that distinctive Spitfire wing shape. Even with clipped tips it is distinctive and beautiful

51156280214_a8b1f1c6a3_b.jpg

oh, err... maybe the profile is better...

51155726563_da42749cf7_b.jpg

I would set fire to it to try and claim @BlackMike Models 109 special prize but I fear it would count as some kind of arcane sacrifice and summon something eldrich 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, BlackMike Models said:

I think it looks great. What is it?

Duncan B

The box says Spitfire but the evidence suggests that is just a ruse

Decals are a bit of an oddity in that they are printed backwards like the rub on transfers. Sadly despite a lot of water they just disintegrated rather than detached from the paper

51156731120_3ab0d0aece_b.jpg

in any case it is done and headed gallerywards

• Like 4
1 hour ago, BlackMike Models said:

Complaining about the decals but they stayed put even after a good bricking lol

Duncan B

I’m proposing it as the new ASTM and British standard for decal adhesion (colloquially referred to as The Things That Make You Go Hmmm... test) 

• Haha 4

I've ordered a Tamiya Flakpanzer IV Möbelwagen. All those displeased with their Spits may kindly hand them over after I make the flakpanzer. The result will be a colander

• Haha 3
37 minutes ago, Vaastav said:

I've ordered a Tamiya Flakpanzer IV Möbelwagen. All those displeased with their Spits may kindly hand them over after I make the flakpanzer. The result will be a colander

Dang! I have air rifles aplenty, that’s how I should have dispatched it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1