Sign in to follow this  
BlackMike Models

Glasgow IPMS Model Show, 20th October

The next leg of the BlackMike Models 5 year mission to boldly go where no former Primary School Janitor and Ex Submariner have been before is to the Glasgow IPMS  Model Show on the 20th October. It takes place from 10am to 4pm at the Bellahouston Leisure Centre on Bellahouston Drive.

IMG_4555-335x450.jpg

(Both the former Janitor and the ex submariner actually have been to this show before but not in any organised manner, we just went to point and drool ! I did the pointing and he did the drooling but that is entirely due to his slack jaw and simian posture! )

Duncan B

Edited by BlackMike Models
  • Haha 1

I'm now taking pre-orders for collection at the Show on Saturday. If there is anything in particular that visitors would like to see (within the realms of plastic models, Steve will not dance to command!!) from BlackMike Models' extensive stock then let me know. (I won't be taking any of the currently reduced Airfix or Revell stock as that will be well covered by the other Traders on the day).

Duncan B

Unfortunatelly, or perhaps fortunately depending on your opinion, you won't see me there as couldn't get cover at work for the weekend :( 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Col. said:

Unfortunatelly, or perhaps fortunately depending on your opinion, you won't see me there as couldn't get cover at work for the weekend :( 

Well you'll just have to make the effort to get to Elgin in a couple of weeks time then. 3/10 not good enough, must try harder

Duncan B

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

Well you'll just have to make the effort to get to Elgin in a couple of weeks time then. 3/10 not good enough, must try harder

Duncan B

Hopefully so. I hear some of the traders give good discounts on a stock of rather interesting kits.

On 20 October 2018 at 5:39 PM, Col. said:

Hopefully so. I hear some of the traders give good discounts on a stock of rather interesting kits.

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for them, might get myself a bargain!

DB

• Like 1

I've just about recovered from the IPMS Glasgow show. It was my first time seeing it from the opposite side of the tables having been a long time visitor for many years and it did not disappoint this time.

Unlike most shows that start with a mad rush but fade away as the day wears on this show had a steady flow of visitors from doors open through to very late on. It was a very friendly show and it was very pleasing to see everyone mucking in to help set up the tables that arrived with less than an hour to doors open due to a Supplier issue.

My thanks to the organisers and I look forward to returning next year.

Duncan B

• Like 1