Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi Gang,

I've got some shallow panel lines to give some more definition to. The problem is they are inspection panels, etc, on a wing. So they are round / oval shapes and even at 1/24 scale fairly small. There's enough definition to get a needle to drag round in a pin vice, but it's just tearing at the plastic. I've got various line scribers, but none iwll go round a corner very well. 

Has anyone got any recommendations for tool / technique that can help?



  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be good to know if there is a tool for scribing circular panels. 
I try to be patient, not apply too much pressure and keep the pin vertical as much as possible.
Try being the operative word.  

The smaller the panel line and/or the more it deviates from the orthogonal, the harder I seem to push in the needle :( 


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do have the ideal tool although it won't help you as It's homemade - a bit of a JLC razor saw blade broke off and it works perfectly.

Before that I used to use the back of a scalpel blade - just drag the blade backwards at a 90 degree angle.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...