1 hour ago, Mad Steve said:

Big Tesco next to Ricoh sells models ūüė¨

Even I think that reeks of desperation.

8 minutes ago, Huntsman’s Close said:

The Primitives came from Cov, not to mention The Specials.

Well done that man. Music ‚Äď I knew we'd find something if we searched long enough.

Well thats rude... here we are trying to make you look good, and we are just cast aside, thrown out the window... ūüôĀ

I was going to say, of¬†historical interest, Coventry used to have 248 Bicycle factories... now there are no Bicycles at all¬†cos theyve all been nicked ūüė¨

What more reason do we need to find Coventry fascinating than that you live there me old fruit! You can be thankful that i moved to africas bottom, cos i'd come and visit you all the time, eat your biscuits, touch your stuff, etc ūüė¨

• Haha 4

I love a good thread drift.

Further to my previous diversion (obviously to avoid the ring road and needing to be a member of The Red Arrows to get on and off at the slip roads) I believe that Ska stalwarts The Selecter were also a Cov band.

Haven‚Äôt been to that fair city since about 2005. ¬†I recall being sat on a bench waiting for a train. Seated next to me was a lad and his father and all they could talk about was what flash car the youth was going to get. ¬†Someone they knew got off a train and they said they were off¬†to Leicester for him to sign youth forms for Leicester City... Priorities ‚ėĻÔłŹ

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mad Steve said:

What more reason do we need to find Coventry fascinating than that you live there me old fruit! You can be thankful that i moved to africas bottom, cos i'd come and visit you all the time, eat your biscuits, touch your stuff, etc ūüė¨

Arrrrrr, and here's me about to say that the best thing about Cov is that it isn't Nuneaton. As you were sooooo nice I won't say tha… damn I just did didn't I.

You forget... I'm a poor pensioner, I haven't got any stuff for you to touch. :(

Hands off the bloody biscuits!!!!! ¬¬

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, Huntsman’s Close said:

I love a good thread drift.

That happens a lot.

1 hour ago, Huntsman’s Close said:

I believe that Ska stalwarts The Selecter were also a Cov band.

Yes Selecter are a Cov band ‚Äď Pauline Black used to be a dog-walker friend... and I found out that her husband, Terry knew my dad.

Hazel O'Connor is from Cov as well ‚Äď and my mum and her mum were friends.

Here endeth the name-dropping.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Gorby said:

Arrrrrr, and here's me about to say that the best thing about Cov is that it isn't Nuneaton. As you were sooooo nice I won't say tha… damn I just did didn't I.

You forget... I'm a poor pensioner, I haven't got any stuff for you to touch. :(

Hands off the bloody biscuits!!!!! ¬¬

Excuuuuuuuuse me, I'm a nice person, i would bring biscuits.... and a roll of Tamiya Tape....

But if you cant have skaley ex nuns sarf efricans in your pensioners hovel, then Ill just go buy a gross of Pineapple Tarts and visit the Right Honorable Laird instead. He's also a pensioner but doesnt moan as much ūüė¨

• Haha 6

Also Lee Child, author of the Jack Reacher books.

I Googled famous folk from Coventry . I gave up looking after 25 photos of actors and actresses I've never heard of.

Surprisingly, @Gorby didn't feature.

• Haha 4
11 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

a roll of Tamiya Tape.

Well if you arrive bearing riches beyond my wildest dreams. I might even get the Rich Tea biccies* in specially. :yes:

* Staple diet of us poor pensioners.**

** When we can afford to eat of course.

9 hours ago, RWG686 said:

Surprisingly, @Gorby didn't feature.

WHAT!!! I haven't even got my blue plaque yet! 

9 hours ago, Mad Steve said:

land, titles, riches and jewels

If only I could remember where I put them. :(

• Haha 5

Spartacus, I read a while ago its because of the fish style spout on the water pump in the old market place in Nuneaton. 

Ill have¬† dig through the history books i have... no need to say noo dont bother, im conducting important research and will need dog, coffee and biscuits to help me ūüė¨

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Gorby said:

Well if you arrive bearing riches beyond my wildest dreams. I might even get the Rich Tea biccies* in specially. :yes:

Rich Tea....:no:

Maybe I should bring one of those biscuit tin selections too. One just cannot face ones visitors without at least a choccie biccie ūüė¨

• Haha 2