Sign in to follow this  
BlackMike Models

East Riding of Yorkshire Model Show, 2nd September

We are well into the second half of the 2018 Show season and the Shows are coming thick and fast. BlackMike Models will be venturing south of the border once again on the 2nd of September to attend the East Riding of Yorkshire Model Show hosted by IPMS Bridlington and Wolds. The show takes place at the Drifield Showgrounds and opens at 0930 to 1630.

We are a late call up for this show so will have limited space, consequently we will not be able to bring as comprehensive a stock as usual so if you are attending the show and there is something in the BlackMike stock that you would really like to see at the show then let me know and I'll make every effort to pack it up for inclusion. As usual you can make an order for  an item to be collected at the show.

Duncan B

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

You could always leave Steve behind so you have more room for stock? 

He has to take Steve so that his Mrs can keep an eye on the stock "increases"............😄

Anyway,I'm not going near to Yorkshire for a while as when we were up in Whitby t'other week,some fiendish rozzers hiding

in a bush tagged me with a blasted speed-gun,gits.

Going up hill doing 35 in a 30 zone.......😡

We were heading back to the pitch with fish and chips on board,good job I hadn't really got my foot in it.

Edited by Miggers

Got done for 35 in a 30 whilst in Bristol. If you're going to get done you might as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb, damn annoying. Two speeding tickets, one in 1982, then this year. 

• Like 1

I've never (so far) had any motoring convictions, been riding motorbikes since I was 17 and had some decent cars too. Been lucky I guess.

Leaving Steve behind wouldn't free up much space directly however not having to bring a crate of Jaffa cakes for him would :). He's a good sport giving up his time to help me with the driving and setting up, he likes the banter too.

Duncan B

• Like 4

One week to go and the van is all packed up....oh hang on it's actually not unpacked from Scale Scotland yet!! I guess I'd better unpack it before I pack it up again which gives anyone thinking of attending the Show an opportunity to request a particular item from our extensive stock to be included.

This will be BlackMike Models' first visit to this Show and we're looking forward to it. We won't have as much space as we usually take due to being a late call up to fill a space that had become available but I'll try to squeeze as much stock as I can in.

I look forward to seeing some of you there.

Duncan B

Duncan this is great and all but we have model shows dahn sarf you know!!!! I know I know it's a long way blah blah 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Grunhertz said:

Duncan this is great and all but we have model shows dahn sarf you know!!!! I know I know it's a long way blah blah 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yorkshire IS 'dahn sarf' from where I'm sitting :)  I have looked at doing shows dahn sarf but realistically it's a bit of a gamble and starts to push the law of diminishing returns to the limit. I did one long haul show this year and broke even, it was a lot of effort (as all shows are) for little return other than to hand out business cards. It's not any lack of sales but the accommodation and the time that's the killer financially.

Never say never and all that but at the moment I can't manage long haul shows on my own and asking someone to take 3 days out of their own time for free to help me out isn't practicable. We'll see how Sunday pans out but for the meantime I think that'll be the extent of the southern migration of the lesser spotted BlackMike.

Duncan B

Less than a week to go until the Show. I will be packing stock on Wednesday so if anyone has anything in particular they'd like to see at the show let me know.

I hope to see some of you there on Sunday.

Duncan B

Last call for anyone who is attending the show to request a particular kit or to make a pre-order for collection on the day. I'm packing up the stock right now and will be loading Black Mike up in the morning.

Hopefully some of you will be at the Show, come over and say "hello" (other words are available), poke Steve with a sharp implement or point and laugh, whichever is your favourite form of behaviour at these things!

Duncan B

Arrived home from Driffield at midnight (Steve still had another 1.5 hours to drive after that). What a great Show that was, really friendly and helpful hosts who couldn't do enough for the Traders attending their show. The weather was glorious due to a Sun Dance carried out by the Show Coordinator  apparently (cheers for that Kevin), what other Club goes to these lengths? The various Club displays were of a very high standard and there was lots of variety on display. It was great to see so many youngsters attending the Show too, maybe the future of our hobby doesn't look so bleak after all.

My thanks go out to the Organisers for inviting BlackMike Models to attend, we will be back next year. I'd also like to thank my Man Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Steve Herridge for coming along again to help me out and showing me parts of the countryside we'd never see if he'd followed the SatNav's instructions :construction:, (as an aside his knowledge of Yorkshire's Park and Ride network is second to none apparently!).

(A note to the Aberdeen Modellers Society Show organisers, not only is Mr "Airfix" Trevor Snowdon a great guest speaker but at the end of a show he is a dab hand with a vacuum cleaner too! A sight I shall not forget in a hurry:respect:.

Duncan B

• Like 2