1 minute ago, Gorby said:

...how the hell do you choose when you have hundreds of kits available?

It's very simple. You leave the hundreds of kits on the shelf, go down to the hobby shop and buy the newest wunderkit fresh off the boat.

• Haha 8
47 minutes ago, Gorby said:

This is the current entirety of my sta… apparently I can't call it a stash as it fits in one photo. :dry:

P1050654.JPG

Yes I know, it's a bit excessive isn't it? And two more are on the way.

I have difficulty choosing which one to do next, how the hell do you choose when you have hundreds of kits available?

Your choice is quite straightforward, build the Tamiya Bf109

42 minutes ago, Jessie_C said:

It's very simple. You leave the hundreds of kits on the shelf, go down to the hobby shop and buy the newest wunderkit fresh off the boat.

That does seem to be how it works, it then gets to the point where you start to buy aftermarket parts for those kits only to find that you had already done that when you first bought them. The obvious thing to do then is to buy another kit to go with the extra AM stuff. That done and 2 days later a brand new high tech kit is announced that makes your original purchase redundant and so it all starts again (I'm thinking F4F Wildcat here at the moment).

Duncan B

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
11 minutes ago, BlackMike Models said:

Your choice is quite straightforward, build the Tamiya Bf109

It's currently top of the pile and top of the to-do list.

Mind you, that's if I can remember it's next. :|

1 hour ago, BlackMike Models said:

That does seem to be how it works, it then gets to the point where you start to buy aftermarket parts for those kits only to find that you had already done that when you first bought them. The obvious thing to do then is to buy another kit to go with the extra AM stuff. That done and 2 days later a brand new high tech kit is announced that makes your original purchase redundant and so it all starts again (I'm thinking F4F Wildcat here at the moment).

Well how else did he expect those hundreds of kits end up on the shelf? It's self-evident, right? They don't get there by themselves.

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Gorby said:

This is the current entirety of my sta… apparently I can't call it a stash as it fits in one photo. :dry:

P1050654.JPG

Yes I know, it's a bit excessive isn't it? And two more are on the way.

I have difficulty choosing which one to do next, how the hell do you choose when you have hundreds of kits available?

The Type 89 Gorbs. Its rarely ever seen and its got a nice camo pattern. All the stuff on the right, sell.Its taking up shelf space 😬

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Mad Steve said:

Type 89 Gorbs. ... its got a nice camo pattern

That's the main reason I got it and that's the one which is currently second on the to-do list. To be honest, the 'next to-do list' changes pretty much hourly. :smiling:

No one wanted to buy the Veltro (still for sale if anyone is interested) and I'd be happy to sell the Defiant if I could get a decent price - the going rate wasn't good last time I looked. Don't think I'm going to live long enough for it to become collectable so it may get donated to Models For Heroes. 

Can you imagine what our childhood selves would have thought about the concept of 'stash'. You bought it, you built it - probably withing hours of buying it. Even my stash would have been mind-blowing to myself as a mid-teen.

• Like 5
28 minutes ago, Gorby said:

I'd be happy to sell the Defiant if I could get a decent price

Are you willing to consider a transatlantic transaction? I missed this when it was available and I'm willing to offer a decent price for you.

20 hours ago, Col. said:

Hmm, at £30 for the Airfix 72nd scale Puma it might be a while before this plan gets realised, one other thing that can that can dent the modelling motivation is the scary price some old kits go for :blink:

yes, you've opened my eyes to how pricey they are, I was going to suggest the 1/32 scale Matchbox Puma until seeing how pricey they are, the Airfix 1/72 one goes for over 30 smackaroonies. I was going to post a Puma picking up troops in the Jungle wot I took in 1986, but I don't want to help lift dosh from your wallet. Instead sit back and enjoy my Wessex over on the other page.

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, DC3 said:

So what is it?

well, let me release a partial clue to the hideousness of this terrible apparition, just one of it's arms, if you can call it an arm, what they call arms in the insect human cross over world of Sci Fi Horror, sofa at the ready.

orrible_thumb_b_pf1y9y.jpg

I can't look it's just Orrible

4 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

well, let me release a partial clue to the hideousness of this terrible apparition, just one of it's arms, if you can call it an arm, what they call arms in the insect human cross over world of Sci Fi Horror, sofa at the ready.

So what is it?

If you are one of The Boys from the dwarf you may get this otherwise, I'm just being a dick

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Jessie_C said:

Are you willing to consider a transatlantic transaction? I missed this when it was available and I'm willing to offer a decent price for you.

Surely buying our Gorby is against some rules somewhere, there must be a law against it in Canada.

• Haha 5
24 minutes ago, DC3 said:

So what is it?

If you are one of The Boys from the dwarf you may get this otherwise, I'm just being a dick

well it wont suck your brains out with a straw like Pete Tranter's sister. Other sisters are available. 

• Haha 2
35 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Hah! I know what that is, ive seen one before boxed, but not built 😬

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Surely buying our Gorby is against some rules somewhere, there must be a law against it in Canada.

Not to worry; I'm prevented from buying a Gorby by the shipping costs anyway.

• Haha 5