Sign in to follow this  
BradG

1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109G-10/T1

This one comes from my imagination, made from the older Revell/Monogram Bf 109G-10. It's not a terrible kit, but it does show its age, lacking a lot of detail but I enhanced the kit a bit using Hasegawa 109 parts; Canopy with amour, main wheels and tail wheel. I also used some RATO packs from the Tamiya Me 262, as I figured this baby might need some help hauling that torpedo into the air. The torpedo and the center line mount come out of the old Trimaster Fw 190D-9 kit.

hl5o2Kq.jpg

ltIhdri.jpg

WMQ4hIg.jpg

vMGkPPE.jpg

GLTfe1O.jpg

cHbdjeI.jpg

xeIxuPV.jpg

• Like 3

Very good use for an old kit rather than dump it on eBay, great job. I suspect the real thing would have ended up as a very large smoking hole at the left hand side of the end of the airfield had it tried to take off though :)

Duncan B

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BlackMike Models said:

Very good use for an old kit rather than dump it on eBay, great job. I suspect the real thing would have ended up as a very large smoking hole at the left hand side of the end of the airfield had it tried to take off though :)

Duncan B

Still give it a go Dunc? 

On 6/30/2018 at 5:41 PM, BlackMike Models said:

Duncan B

Yeh I looked at the stats and I think you're right. Ah well LOL.

The taller tailwheel leg actually makes it a bit easier to see where you're going and gets the rudder into the airflow and firming up quicker and less time to lift the tail. Having said that (and spoken to real 109 display pilots),the best Flightsim 109's are a handful without a dirty great tinfish dangling underneath. Nice work Brad,the brute looks superb.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Miggers said:

The taller tailwheel leg actually makes it a bit easier to see where you're going and gets the rudder into the airflow and firming up quicker and less time to lift the tail. Having said that (and spoken to real 109 display pilots),the best Flightsim 109's are a handful without a dirty great tinfish dangling underneath. Nice work Brad,the brute looks superb.

But then if the main undercarriage didn't toe out and wasn't so narrow it would help. That was also the reason for the later wooden fin and rudder being taller. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

But then if the main undercarriage didn't toe out and wasn't so narrow it would help. That was also the reason for the later wooden fin and rudder being taller. 

Forgot about that Daz.

I'm used to Flight Replicas FS2004 G-6