Sign in to follow this  
sovereignhobbies

1/350 HMS Imperial D09

Nice one Jamie, I have a P.E. Quad Gun to make for my HMS Eskimo, I was struggling to work out what it should look like, now I know,

Cheers Andy

Thanks!

Imperial had to take a bit of a break. Those with a common interest may have noted I've been very busy with work of late, but, I made some time for myself yesterday after replacing the washing machine drum...

I got the other Vickers gun assembled then the pair painted and mounted on the gun platform:
resized_a3286247-bfdb-4695-af02-a64f43ae

resized_4763658c-b60b-45b7-85a1-d6be5bd2

resized_feefdd27-2185-416b-8070-1e565f0c

I really do love those little Tetra Model Works guns and am very pleased they have finally released the Pom Poms in a similar fashion.

resized_5417f125-9dd2-4890-997a-b3ce5266

Tonight I added some railings and ladders to the bridge. There are still semaphores and some pipes to add, but that section is close to done now.

resized_fc4e8057-e754-4c8b-8528-33179f97

• Like 1

Agreed, it's always fiddly making masts and the scary part is that you need to work in a 3 dimensions at once and most parts have 4 degrees of freedom to manage whilst working. Get any of them even slightly off position or at a wrong angle and every time you look at it the room flashes red and mental klaxons scream inside your head.

The build has stalled (temporarily) whilst I try to figure out a likely weapons fit out with respect to depth charge throwers and TSDS davits and winches - and the TSDS davits were definitely there when commissioned - which means I would need to come up with better paravanes too. The white metal ones are a bit too blocky.

Having said that, ample depth chargers have been cleaned up and painted, as has the PE launch frame at the rear, the remaining handrailing and ladders, and the boat davits. The boats themselves have had their PE rudders fitted and PE propeller to the launch, and painting has been started but not completed.

Nothing much seemed worth photographing of this.

• Like 1