Sign in to follow this  
BlackMike Models

Scottish National Scale Model Show 2018 28th & 29th April

It is the Scottish National Scale Model Show this weekend in Perth. It's a 2 day show and is apparently the second largest model show in the UK featuring over 90 Exhibitors and Traders (including fine outfits such as Sovereign Hobbies and BlackMike Models). There is a kitswap for the folk who need to make way in the stash to fill it up again and a huge competition for those who like to show off (or have their self esteem crushed depending on the results!).

Opening times are 10am to 5pm on Saturday and 10am to 4pm on Sunday and all this fun can be found in the Dewars Centre, Glover Street, Perth PH2 0TH. For even more information check it out on the interweb at www.scotnats.org.uk 

Duncan B

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BlackMike Models said:

All packed and ready to go. VP Packaging is out getting her claws clipped or something so once she has returned from the Blacksmith’s we’ll be on our way to Perth (a whole 40 miles away).

Duncan B

Yer a brave man Mr B, very brave!

• Haha 1

This show has been on my 'to do' list for yonks, but it's the logistics of travelling from Essex that's the problem. I need to get more organised (cackles insanely).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Paul Brown said:

This show has been on my 'to do' list for yonks, but it's the logistics of travelling from Essex that's the problem. I need to get more organised (cackles insanely).

It’s worth the effort, a really friendly show and very laid back. 

Nice part of the world too. 

Duncan B

Show promoters should be more organised and work with each other so that the season would start down south and work northeasterly, with each progressive date, peaking in Scotland and then back down on the west finishing up at SMW Telford.

This way you only have short distances to travel to the next show,

You will, of course, need a van to sleep in and carry the accumulated stash because you won't be home actually building them for a while.

And loads of deodorant because you made an executive decision not to install washing facilities in the van because you need the space for more models.not to build.

And a very understanding boss.

And a good solicitor because your significant other has finally had enough.

Ach well, it was a nice idea to begin with!

• Haha 1

Actually I was more minded to hop on an aeroplane, seeing as I'm about 20 minutes drive from Stansted! I'm assuming I might then be able to hop on a choo choo from Edinburgh to Perth. I'd arrange a container to shuttle the purchases from north to south. ;) 

Your idea for staggering the shows has a lot of merit in it, but somehow I can't see the various branches involved getting their act together! 

5 hours ago, Paul Brown said:

Actually I was more minded to hop on an aeroplane, seeing as I'm about 20 minutes drive from Stansted! I'm assuming I might then be able to hop on a choo choo from Edinburgh to Perth. I'd arrange a container to shuttle the purchases from north to south. ;) 

Your idea for staggering the shows has a lot of merit in it, but somehow I can't see the various branches involved getting their act together! 

Choo choo from Edinburgh via Dundee, if I'm not mistaken, is approx 1 hour depending on connection times.

Jockster's travelling circus sounds very much like the way the Fisher folk used to follow the Herring around the coast, the smell would probably be similar too.

Duncan B

• Haha 1

It's on my to do list as well. 

8 hours ago, Paul Brown said:

It'd be a start for them to be able to use emailing in some cases! 

As bxm's show booker I still have to send stamped addressed envelopes. And wait months for a reply only to be told we aren't in. If we get told at all. One particular show in May I'm talking to you! >:(

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

As bxm's show booker I still have to send stamped addressed envelopes. And wait months for a reply only to be told we aren't in. If we get told at all. One particular show in May I'm talking to you! >:(

Is it possible the show organisers are stamp collectors too?

Duncan B

• Haha 1

Gee whiz what a first day! At one point it was three deep all up the front of our pitch with people waving kits in the air asking for prices, I've never seen anything like that before. My stash...erm, I mean my stock has been thinned considerably but we'll add some more to it today. My apologies in advance for anyone hoping to get their hands on the new Great Wall Hobby Su-35S as they have all sold out at the moment (but I will be ordering more next week).

I'm sitting here watching the sun come up on another beautiful day and really looking forward to day 2 at the Scot Nats, hope to see some of you there.

Duncan B

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Grunhertz said:

There s still a couple of shows that want money for extra tables. No problem with that, but to have to pay by cheque? My bank hasn’t replaced my cheque book as I haven’t written on in two years.

• Like 1

Yep, I had to break the chequebook out of retirement to pay for a couple of Shows recently. It took me a few days to track down where I'd put it!

Anyhow that's us just got home from the Show and would like to thank all our visitors and customers from this weekend. A special thanks to the Show Organisers who's laid back (but very organised) attitude was very infectious, which probably explains why this particular show is so much fun to attend.

Duncan B

• Like 2