Sign in to follow this  
Gimmie Shelter

Jawa Sandcrawler - 1/96 Randy Cooper Models

Now completed after many long months and hundreds of hours work - this is the 1/96 scale Randy Cooper Models Jawa Sandcrawler kit. Initially cast and supplied as a 50 odd piece resin kit, then assembled around a internal timber skeleton and then hundreds of custom pieces of plastic card, piping, special shaped Evergreen added to the panel surfaces to bring the kit to life.

DSC01690 (2)

DSC01691 (2)

My 11yr old nephew and I to give you an idea of how big this model is

DSC01692

DSC01695 DSCF7625

DSCF7628

DSCF7629

DSCF7630

DSCF7631

DSCF7633

DSCF7635

for those that did, thanks for following the work in progress 

May the Force be with you, always...

John

• Like 1

Another cracking build John, it has been a pleasure following this one and it looks brilliant!

Well done Mucka!

• Thanks 1

I think I have been sitting here for about 15 minutes just taking it all in. It's absolutely fantastic John!! You should be very proud of the job you've done on the Crawler. The base is perfect too. R2 looks a little over scaled but then I think you'd be hard pressed to find one in the exact scale - but who cares really?! Its a HUGE sand crawler!!!!!! With lights and Jawas!!

I for one can't wait till you get your new SD. Make sure you take lots of pics and post 'em up as I'm here dribbling just thinking about it... (where's the drooling emoticon when you need it?!)

This was so worth the wait to see the end product!

Si

• Thanks 1

I saw this at Cosford recently (must be my age, I write something like that opening statement and then ask myself,........are you sure?).

Anyway, I believe I saw this recently at  Cosford, and if I did, it is fantastic, a top drawer job with a really nice paint job.

I am a little envious of the “Initially cast and supplied as a 50 odd piece resin kit“. Although it’s only a small part of the story, that’s a part count I need to aim for more often. 

• Thanks 1

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 12:34, Madhatter Mk2 said:

I think I have been sitting here for about 15 minutes just taking it all in. It's absolutely fantastic John!! You should be very proud of the job you've done on the Crawler. The base is perfect too. R2 looks a little over scaled but then I think you'd be hard pressed to find one in the exact scale - but who cares really?! Its a HUGE sand crawler!!!!!! With lights and Jawas!!

I for one can't wait till you get your new SD. Make sure you take lots of pics and post 'em up as I'm here dribbling just thinking about it... (where's the drooling emoticon when you need it?!)

This was so worth the wait to see the end product!

Si

thanks very much my friend - I am glad you enjoyed it - I cant wait to get to work on Randy's new ISD but I have decided to take a sci-fi break and go back in time to modelling a few of my prehistoric creatures from Pegasus over on the figures section for a few months....

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 05:44, Michelle Edwards said:

Wow, simply wow, looks great 👍 

thanks Mish - catch you again at Telford later this year

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 15:36, Toolmaker said:

I saw this at Cosford recently (must be my age, I write something like that opening statement and then ask myself,........are you sure?).

Anyway, I believe I saw this recently at  Cosford, and if I did, it is fantastic, a top drawer job with a really nice paint job.

I am a little envious of the “Initially cast and supplied as a 50 odd piece resin kit“. Although it’s only a small part of the story, that’s a part count I need to aim for more often. 

Hello - thanks for the kind words - I have just dug this picture out for you which pretty much shows all that was supplied by Randy

Completely brilliant! What a stunning model. So much going on in the surroundings too. I hope Bandai will do one in the "Vehicle Model" box scale series.